ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

That looming fear. In retrospect it's kind of a bullshit thing to get in trouble for. If you have a son he's 100% going to spank it in your home. If anything she should have simply left you a smash container of petroleum jelly and a bottle of gatorade next to your stash. Maybe a small note that says 'please put down a trash bag'.

I woke up at 4 this morning in an attempt to convince myself to go get in line for RSD. Instead I shopped online for a dishwasher, somehow came across this thread, read close to 40 pages of it before finally skipping to see where it ended & find this. I now feel like I have something to contribute.

Close to 25 years ago my mom walked in on me while I was trying to get Slim Willy to give up the goods. He was putting up a good fight & was staying quiet. I was sitting on the toilet, laying into him with my bowling arm with a firm grip from Old Lefty on a torn out Hustler page I got from a friend..

I was locked in tight. I had yet to go pro so it took me close to the length of a full NBA time-out to get that little bastard to talk. If you want to win, you gotta tune everything else out when you're in a staring match with a one-eyed little person. Everyone knows this.

Needless to say, I didn't realize I forgot to lock the bathroom door til I heard my mom yell "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!" while standing in the doorway staring at me.

I panicked. I didn't know what to do. In hindsight, maybe I should have just stayed the course & yelled "WHAT DO YOU THINK I'M DOING!?!" back at her & finished the job. After telling a friend of mine this story, he said I should have just stared at her without saying a word & kept going.

I wasn't man enough yet to do either of these things. Instead I let go of the goods, hunched over & said "I'm sick". She just stood there for what felt like an eternity but was probably only a few seconds before storming out & slamming the door behind her.

I remember it like it was yesterday. One of the most horrifying & awkward experiences of my life. I can only hope moms have a better understanding of what boys do nowadays. That was the last time I ever forgot to lock the bathroom door.

I woke up at 4 this morning in an attempt to convince myself to go get in line for RSD. Instead I shopped online for a dishwasher, somehow came across this thread, read close to 40 pages of it before finally skipping to see where it ended & find this. I now feel like I have something to contribute.

Close to 25 years ago my mom walked in on me while I was trying to get Slim Willy to give up the goods. He was putting up a good fight & was staying quiet. I was sitting on the toilet, laying into him with my bowling arm with a firm grip from Old Lefty on a torn out Hustler page I got from a friend..

I was locked in tight. I had yet to go pro so it took me close to the length of a full NBA time-out to get that little bastard to talk. If you want to win, you gotta tune everything else out when you're in a staring match with a one-eyed little person. Everyone knows this.

Needless to say, I didn't realize I forgot to lock the bathroom door til I heard my mom yell "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!" while standing in the doorway staring at me.

I panicked. I didn't know what to do. In hindsight, maybe I should have just stayed the course & yelled "WHAT DO YOU THINK I'M DOING!?!" back at her & finished the job. After telling a friend of mine this story, he said I should have just stared at her without saying a word & kept going.

I wasn't man enough yet to do either of these things. Instead I let go of the goods, hunched over & said "I'm sick". She just stood there for what felt like an eternity but was probably only a few seconds before storming out & slamming the door behind her.

I remember it like it was yesterday. One of the most horrifying & awkward experiences of my life. I can only hope moms have a better understanding of what boys do nowadays. That was the last time I ever forgot to lock the bathroom door.

In my mind I read this entire post in this guy's voice:

ae4704d9-98d5-4649-bf26-935ef29949e9.jpg

Michael Harris ‏@Kidsnacandyshop  Apr 18

Shout out to @EnjoytherideRES for my test pressings for @jonnycraig4l and cute is what we aim for

JFC. ‏@jonnycraig4L  Apr 18

@Kidsnacandyshop @EnjoytherideRES well that would have been nice to have

@EnjoytherideRES those fuckers never gave it to me!

lol

Shout out to @EnjoytherideRES for my test pressings for @jonnycraig4l and cute is what we aim for

lol

said all those people that bought macbooks from him

Psh, the 1880s were far superior.

BTTF_1885_shirt.jpg

this should be on two pages

lol

hahahahaha amazing

Michael Harris ‏@Kidsnacandyshop Apr 18

JFC. ‏@jonnycraig4L Apr 18

lol

Looooool. Classic.

lol

Has he since deleted it?  I couldn't find the JFC post.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AP.net is reporting ETR is doing the 10th Anniversary press of Just Surrender "If These Streets Could Talk". Ugh, it really couldn't have been any other label?

Dude, I just saw that and I'm 100% with you. This is one of my all time favorites, I was going through a lot of personal stuff in my life at the time this originally came out so it holds a special place for me. Really really sucks that ETR is releasing it. I'm gonna stick to my guns though and not support anything ETR related.

Hopefully, I'll buy it on the cheap from someone on here later on down the road.