A vertical record player, cause screw it...

billy-madison-peeing-pants.gif

Hilarious. Way to crop my quote out of context. 

I guess it's easy to post memes instead of articulating a coherent response. My point was that it's nice to see such an interest in vinyl players. Even if that one is crap maybe it will get the buyers into something better. Or, and this may shock you, maybe some buyers will actually be happy with it!

I guess it's easy to post memes instead of articulating a coherent response. My point was that it's nice to see such an interest in vinyl players. Even if that one is crap maybe it will get the buyers into something better. Or, and this may shock you, maybe some buyers will actually be happy with it!

Lighten up dude haha. Given you don't have a profile pic I'm going to assume you're not privy to the atmosphere here. If you want to get blown out of shape by a gif that's your deal, homeboy.

Serrrriously, dude? Chill out. It doesn't even seem like he's being negative toward you with that .gif, just making a reference.

This turntable is the vinyl equivalent of those bouncing cars in hip-hop videos. Sure it's technically possible, but why?

"oh my god! is that your vnyls?"

01f87f30d82478c419c33d2fe843610a_origina

Ok, I love Dire Straits first album.... :)

but why are they looking at the COVER of it, with a DIFFERENT record on the "vertical turntable?"

Oh wait, that is just a "conversation piece." The Dire Straits album is playing on the "real" turntable you can't see in the picture.

:D

I didn't even want to jump in here because the fact that this thing is winning the popularity race is making me sad. I fear that saying "remember the good old days when the worst think people bought was a crosley" isn't that distant of a future...

Though on the other side, a guy from my neck of the woods made this a few years ago:

AUIOOA-1318283035298075_1015041101279897

The decision to go vertical was purely functional. A result of years of trying to eliminate some universal tonearm drawbacks, and the only way physics would allow it was going vertical.

One of the best tables I've heard, regardless of cost.

Just bought it. I'm just too curious and wouldn't mind a 2nd player for the bedroom if it happens to be decent. I figure I can sell it for at least $400 if it's not my favorite.

You didn't buy anything, you just threw a grip of money at a promise and aren't guaranteed to get anything worthwhile.

Welcome to Kickstarter!

Ok, I love Dire Straits first album.... :)

but why are they looking at the COVER of it, with a DIFFERENT record on the "vertical turntable?"

Oh wait, that is just a "conversation piece." The Dire Straits album is playing on the "real" turntable you can't see in the picture.

:D

Not even plugged in....