PO: David Bowie - Blackstar - Jan. 8, 2016

gmoney

Talked to the manager of the store and she was nice enough to send it to me. Obviously didn't come in a nice mailer, but pretty well packed in a box with a lot of padding and two extra cardboard things that the vinyl fit into. 

Thanks, I've kind of given up hope on them shipping my order.  They screwed up and the odds of them getting another batch are very slim and not sure if I should just wait on a price drop on the black one if there'll ever be one.

Thanks, I've kind of given up hope on them shipping my order.  They screwed up and the odds of them getting another batch are very slim and not sure if I should just wait on a price drop on the black one if there'll ever be one.

Honestly, I would just pick up a black one. They aren't terribly hard to find. I picked a black one up to play and enjoy. Sounds incredible. I wanted to clear one to have as a collectors item. As I said, it will remain sealed in my collection. 

So I pre-ordered the clear version back in November and now Barnes & Nobles just cancelled my order. Apparently, regardless of whether its coming back in stock on their website, they cancel pre-ordered automatically and once you order is cancelled they can't un-cancel it. I spoke to to someone on their instant chat and he guaranteed that I would still receive the item. Yesterday they cancelled the order, so I called customer service and worked my way up the chain trying to get them to un-cancel the order and got fed a bunch of lies, I started getting pissed and the supervisor who claimed there was no one else I could talk to hung the phone up on me. So I called back and went up the customer service ladder and got a different person at the top who said they could un-cancel the order but it will probably be automatically cancelled again. FUCK Barnes and Nobles, they are a terrible company with horrible logistic planning and I can't wait for them to go out of business. 

I hope an entire company shuts down and loads of people lose their jobs because I didn't get a record one time.

Makes sense.

It's not just this, it happens everytime they release something. They have to worst prices on everything in their store and are without a doubt the shittiest bookstore in any city.

It's not just this, it happens everytime they release something. They have to worst prices on everything in their store and are without a doubt the shittiest bookstore in any city.

Their book prices are definitely shit. Who sells anything at actual list price?! I'm guilty of taking the plunge and buying in-store every once and awhile rather than buying online the other 98% of the time.

i can't tell if you a being sincere or being a dick.. hmmmm

Sorry, I was being a dick. We do need a sarcasm font around here..

But for real, clear are gone except for tiny amounts showing up in select B&N stores, it seems. People have been looking around all over to no avail. But the black is equally (if not more) beautiful considering the overall packaging, so any deal around $30 for a black copy is a good one, I'd say.

So I pre-ordered the clear version back in November and now Barnes & Nobles just cancelled my order. Apparently, regardless of whether its coming back in stock on their website, they cancel pre-ordered automatically and once you order is cancelled they can't un-cancel it. I spoke to to someone on their instant chat and he guaranteed that I would still receive the item. Yesterday they cancelled the order, so I called customer service and worked my way up the chain trying to get them to un-cancel the order and got fed a bunch of lies, I started getting pissed and the supervisor who claimed there was no one else I could talk to hung the phone up on me. So I called back and went up the customer service ladder and got a different person at the top who said they could un-cancel the order but it will probably be automatically cancelled again. FUCK Barnes and Nobles, they are a terrible company with horrible logistic planning and I can't wait for them to go out of business. 

What I don't get is that people are claiming there orders have been cancelled. When I spoke to B&N on the phone (tried live chat and literally got no where), they told me that as long as I personally don't cancel my order, than they won't either. They will send out emails saying it's delayed or out of print, but the woman who I spoke to said that as long as I don't cancel my order, they won't either? I have since canceled my order because I got the one from Mississippi, but just thought I would share what was told to me.