Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

These should be in W. can by next friday.. my shop told me they received shipping notification. weeeee I cant wait to spin this bad boy in full.. (almost) had enough of repeat listens of burn the witch and spectre.

*oh and my local shop is hosting that "live from a moon shaped pool" thing.. cool

Edited by Cloudsbelow

On June 10, 2016 at 0:54 PM, lethalenforcer said:

Seriously starting to wonder if by foil cover they just meant the foil-stamped title in the corner.

I think this is the case. I remember The National's "High Violet" limited pressing being described in a similar manner and ended up being similarly unimpressive. 

45 minutes ago, Shlebs said:

That jacket looks pretty great. Looks like the entire cover is foil to me and not so dark as to make the art hard to see like someone was worried about earlier.

Just now, fondfarewell said:

I think this is the case. I remember The National's "High Violet" limited pressing being described in a similar manner and ended up being similarly unimpressive. 

Yeah unlike Shlebby I'm not seeing a full foil cover, just the spot detail on the type. I actually prefer this though. Plus, with the deluxe having a different cover I'm especially thankful we get a standard version of the artwork.

37 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Yeah unlike Shlebby I'm not seeing a full foil cover, just the spot detail on the type. I actually prefer this though. Plus, with the deluxe having a different cover I'm especially thankful we get a standard version of the artwork.

Well the one in the photos you posted is. Maybe get an eye exam I dunno ╮(╯▽╰)╭

17 minutes ago, Shlebs said:

Well the one in the photos you posted is. Maybe get an eye exam I dunno ╮(╯▽╰)╭

I think you're the only one here seeing a full foil cover. Maybe you're the only one with proper eyesight! We shall see. Or not.

i think the fact the listing was changed to sail "foil detail" points to it being a spot finish.

6 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I think you're the only one here seeing a full foil cover. Maybe you're the only one with proper eyesight! We shall see. Or not.

i think the fact the listing was changed to sail "foil detail" points to it being a spot finish.

Just look to the right of the sticker closeup. There's a rainbow in the cover to the right of it and that's what foil does. Just cell phone pics.

13 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Just thought there was something more to it considering everyone was having a hard time telling. 

They're having trouble telling whether the whole cover is foil or whether it only has spot-foiling (foil in only some spots on the cover, rather than over the whole cover)

Just now, Braveheart said:

So i caved and bought a copy of the burn the witch single on ebay. It arrived yesterday in an envelope. Worst packing job i have ever seen. The record survived but the sleeve got some pretty bad corner bends. I want to keep the record. Has anyone been able to negotiate a parial refund on ebay? If so any tips?

Just communicate with the seller and send pics if possible.  If they're a good seller and the packing job done by them was what caused the damage, then they should give a partial refund.  I've given partial refunds to buyers even if the damage wasn't my fault.  If the seller isn't cooperating, then you might have a tough time getting anything back but it would be worth a shot to contact eBay directly at that point.

The only guarantee you have from eBay/PayPal's buyer protection is to receive a refund after returning the item.  If you want a partial refund, you'll have to go outside of the built in buyer protection and use your negative feedback as leverage for extracting money back from the seller- a tactic that gives me pause and I'd probably feel uncomfortable doing if I were the buyer in this situation.  That said, you should do what you feel comfortable with.

What was their packaging like?

Paypal always sides with the buyers over sellers. So if you file paypal claim as "item not as described" you'll be able to get refunded. I've only ever done this a few times in the 1000's of things i have purchased. A couple times they made me return the item, the other couple they didn't. That was probably based off of how much it was if i had to guess.

I'd message the seller and send them pics. Tell them it was not int he condition you expected from the listing and wondered if they would give you a partial refund. If not tell them you'll want to return the item by filing a claim in paypal. But I'd stay away from neg feedback unless the seller fights with you as they were probably just naive in packaging it.

Thanks for the advice. I sent the seller an email and attached photos. I explained that most people put cardboard in their packing to protect the record, and figured he was new to this. I asked if he would consider a partial refund rather than having to ship it back. I will see what he says. I think it is inexperience on the sellers part as he had not sold much on ebay before. It was hard not to be a dick, as it would seem like common sense not to ship a $45 record in an envelope withno protection.