Newbie question - how to put record back into sleeve?

You can alternatively light rub your record with lighter fluid to remove all the grease and oil from your dumb idiot fingers.

Then strike a match against your thick skull to ignite the now face-grease coated record to burn away your stupidity cause you're officially too dumb to own a record.

Since you're a visual person:

vinyl-record-music-fire-600x443.jpg

If you buy some decent quality inner sleeves, it's really not too hard to slip the record back into the sleeve. 

Get some inner sleeves, enjoy the eight thousand ridiculous responses to your post, and relax. It'll all be ok. 

Try these:

http://www.sleevecityusa.com/diskeeper-audiophile-inner-sleeve-50-pack-p/312nrps.htm

21 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

It's just that you say you've watched videos on how to do it and even posted a photo of the correct way...so the question makes no sense. Grab the sleeve with your other hand and insert the record...

I have no problem getting the record out.  What I have a hard time with is holding the sleeve open while trying to get the record back in by holding it the way people seem to say I should hold it.  When I do this, it feels like it's going to fall out of my hands, slam into the sleeve, or it scrapes along the side of the sleeve.  I was really just wondering if that's okay or if people had a trick to it.  (The videos make a big deal about how to store it, how to take it out, how to clean it, how to put it on the turntable - none of them showed putting it back in.)

I've taken shit care of my vinyl until now b/c it's mostly thrift store finds.  But lately I've been investing in some decent records, and looking online, people are CRAZY about protecting them.  One guy showed how to take it out of a sleeve by inserting another type of sleeve inside of it first!  I mean, taking it out of a new sleeve scratches your records? Really?  I didn't realize my question would be so ridiculous when compared to the fact that there are literally dozens of videos of people going to great lengths to care for their records.

• jhulud locked this topic