Jump to content
one8two

PO NOW: Kanye West - Ye

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

It's really interesting to see how many people love this album though, like on social media and youtube, so many people are praising it, maybe I just don't get it.

 

Kids See Ghost is good though, so that's nice.

Those people were already gonna like it before they heard it. You can see here that there were people that already knew they'd like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Those people were already gonna like it before they heard it. You can see here that there were people that already knew they'd like it. 

To be fair, I usually hate Kanye. Yeezus, Late Registration, and College Dropout are the only albums I like, but I liked Ye. No accounting for taste, I guess, but imho it's a 6/10, not bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Squard said:

To be fair, I usually hate Kanye. Yeezus, Late Registration, and College Dropout are the only albums I like, but I liked Ye. No accounting for taste, I guess, but imho it's a 6/10, not bad.

That's extremely fair. I got the impression he was talking about the album really getting praised rather than just thinking it's good or whatever. I just listened to Kids See Ghosts and think it's a much better effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

That's extremely fair. I got the impression he was talking about the album really getting praised rather than just thinking it's good or whatever. I just listened to Kids See Ghosts and think it's a much better effort.

Yeah, I'm talking about the praise. I'm an extremely big Kanye album, but Pablo was a mess so I was skeptical with ye. I don't know why he thinks he can make an album in a month that's gonna stand up to any of his other work. Ye is about a 6/10 for me. Even Pablo (the final version) is an 8/10 for me, and I thought that was his worst project.

Edited by Reshiram454

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Multiverse said:

Liked this significantly more than TLOP and a bit more than Yeezus, ordered immediately

also that price was really great

I'd say the price was fair, but not necessarily great. It's 7 relatively short songs that are decent, but not phenomenal. 

 

I wouldn't argue it any further than saying that though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I'd say the price was fair, but not necessarily great. It's 7 relatively short songs that are decent, but not phenomenal. 

 

I wouldn't argue it any further than saying that though.

Totally fair, I'm probably giving it too much praise because I feel like I often overpay for single LPs, I think I just did with the new Death Grips 


also, the Yeezus bootleg I copped was cheaper "new"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×