Saosin - S/T Available now from SRC

• 1 month later...

Any Canadians still looking for this can purchase it from Amazon.ca for 25.22+tax, so free shipping on it as well. It is also being sold by 3rd party marvelio (US seller) for 33.78 shipped if Amazon sells out. Not sure of which colour, I am waiting for mine to find out.

http://www.amazon.ca/Saosin-Vinyl/dp/B00CA5MD2G/

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Came in thinking Translating the Name was being pressed. Left disappointed.

One day...

I saw it in an email and thought the same thing. I already have the other 3 variants, I can't afford this one too and its stupid to have it repressed so soon. I'll save and wait for Translating the Name to be pressed. It is supposedly happening according to an interview with Chris after they announced they'd be playing Skate and Surf with Anthony Green this May. 

I saw it in an email and thought the same thing. I already have the other 3 variants, I can't afford this one too and its stupid to have it repressed so soon. I'll save and wait for Translating the Name to be pressed. It is supposedly happening according to an interview with Chris after they announced they'd be playing Skate and Surf with Anthony Green this May. 

This will almost certainly wind up in the SRC bargain bin come Black Friday.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I mean, it depends on how it’s “re-recorded.”  I would absolutely LOVE to hear the album with all Anthony vocals.  And I also think it would be cool as hell to hear a version with both Cove and Anthony.  But if they’re just going to re-record it with Cove alone then I have no interest at all.  Wish bands would stop doing this.  Seems like such a waste of time and money for everyone.

Edited by Rip

10 minutes ago, Rip said:

Wish bands would stop doing this.  Seems like such a waste of time and money for everyone.

AFAIK it’s only with Cove. I guess the better way to phrase this is: “I wish labels would stop making artists do this.”

I believe they are doing this exactly why Taylor Swift, Senses Fail, etc have all done this. A label won’t give up the rights to the music so they’re hoping fans will just move on to this version on streaming services.

6 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

AFAIK it’s only with Cove. I guess the better way to phrase this is: “I wish labels would stop making artists do this.”

I believe they are doing this exactly why Taylor Swift, Senses Fail, etc have all done this. A label won’t give up the rights to the music so they’re hoping fans will just move on to this version on streaming services.

I don’t get why people care so much. If you’re not feeling a re-record, just listen to the og. It’s there, always will be. Let the band actually make some money off of their work and get it out of the hands of the label. I for one, an hoping for a more “guitar” based mix. I always felt they buried a lot of the cool riffs on this album with the mix. 

Edited by sugareggs

20 hours ago, Billich0986 said:

I wonder if that means the OG version isn't getting repressed and it's just going to be this new re-recorded version. 

I think there is going to be both because the re-record seems very DIY by the band vibe, and I feel like smart punk typically does licensing and likely wouldn't be working the band. Could totally be wrong, but that's just my hunch.

I’m curious if they’re re-recording it because of rights. Wonder if they own the album rights or not. Cause I’ve listened to the album a few times since over last weekend, and man, I forgot how good this album is. The drums are insane, the dynamics rule, it’s no nostalgia and all merit. If they did re-record it I’m not really sure what they would do different. Maybe like AITA and have guest spots and a more “mature” version (as Thrice called it). I’d maybe bring the bass up a little more in the mix, but damn it’s so good already.