The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

JayShawOllyMoss_LastofUs_final_blog_gran

The Last of Us by Jay Shaw & Olly Moss

This was one of our first steps into video games and we wanted a fresh take on the imagery for THE LAST OF US. This was originally supposed to be cover art for the vinyl album we’ll be releasing in 2015 and it’s just gorgeous. Seeing it for the first time at SDCC was a treat and the positive response it received made us confident enough to get more video game posters lined up for 2015.

Umm...what is this video game? I'm not much of a gamer. I guess I am to assume that the score was amaze-balls? Comparable to any films?

One of the best video games of all time IMO. Amazing story, great score

I agree, and I didn't even play it! With games like this I'll usually sit and watch my bf play. It's like watching a really really long movie, and I was blown away by it. I'm definitely going to buy this when it comes out. 

Finally got my copy of JURASSIC PARK - got the Dilophosaurus coloured vinyl variant, so I was pretty stoked for that - sounds great too.

Got the variant as well. Wouldn't be surprised if they sent out only variants to those who had to wait. Maybe someone else can confirm/deny.

Did either of you get an email confirmation or anything, or did they just show up? I'm still waiting on my copy.

One of the best video games of all time IMO. Amazing story, great score

Agreed, 100%! Definitely up there as one of, if not THE greatest game I've ever played. The gameplay itself wasn't groundbreaking, but it didn't need to be. The story, the artwork, and the world that they created was just beyond anything else I've ever played. The soundtrack was the icing on the cake.

Needless to say, I will be trying my hardest to bag a copy...

Just watched The Guest which has an amazing 80s inspired synth soundtrack. I can't wait for the vinyl release. I think I remember hearing about Mondo or Death Waltz handling this release?

The Guest was badass. Watched it twice last week. The group S U R V I V E contributed a couple of songs to the soundtrack. Check them out, their music is great too.

The Guest was badass. Watched it twice last week. The group S U R V I V E contributed a couple of songs to the soundtrack. Check them out, their music is great too.

I absolutely loved the soundtrack, but the film was a let-down. Started out great, brilliant pacing, beautiful cinematography and very good acting across the board, but then the last 20 minutes happened. It unexpectedly fell into all the typical horror/thriller cliches, which in itself wouldn't necessarily be bad, but they were so poorly executed... It almost felt like Wuingard wasn't comfortable with making something different and just decided to turn the third act into what he's always done - sub-par horror action. But since there were hardly any horror elements to work with, he was left with a thriller finale that doesn't thrill and action scenes that come across as amateur-ish.