The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

For those in Canada, Future Shop is closing and rebranding as Best Buy: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/future-shop-stores-closed-across-canada-some-to-become-best-buy-1.3013534

No idea what this means for the exclusive steelbooks, but I guess they're "Best Buy exclusive" now?

Its probably business as usual. I dont think Futureshop online will be closing. Seems like just some cutting back of retail stores.

Which are the best?

Would like to know this as well

It's all subjective of course, but my two favorites are Emanuelle Around the World and Emanuelle in America. Both are funky, sleazy treasures to the ear. Around the World was released by Death Waltz last RSD and copies can be found pretty cheap. In America hasn't been reissued on LP to my knowledge; I have an (ahem) electronic copy of that'n. After that, I'd say Black Emannuelle (sounds like a sexy spaghetti western) and Emanuelle and the White Slave Trade (only heard a couple of tracks, but man do they sound good). Fidenco, like so many of his 60s and 70s Italian contemporaries, is a chameleon so you don't always get the same thing from score to score.

I don't know, but the one you got is really, really good.

This guy gets it. While not for everyone, they are all darn good in their own ways and well worth a look on Youtube to check out some cuts (using their proper Italian names will yield a bounty as well).

It's all subjective of course, but my two favorites are Emanuelle Around the World and Emanuelle in America. Both are funky, sleazy treasures to the ear. Around the World was released by Death Waltz last RSD and copies can be found pretty cheap. In America hasn't been reissued on LP to my knowledge; I have an (ahem) electronic copy of that'n. After that, I'd say Black Emannuelle (sounds like a sexy spaghetti western) and Emanuelle and the White Slave Trade (only heard a couple of tracks, but man do they sound good). Fidenco, like so many of his 60s and 70s Italian contemporaries, is a chameleon so you don't always get the same thing from score to score.This guy gets it. While not for everyone, they are all darn good in their own ways and well worth a look on Youtube to check out some cuts (using their proper Italian names will yield a bounty as well).

Thanks for this. I'll have to take a listen tonight.

Michaels was $620 before the discounts. Aaron's brothers without the discount was $380. They didn't have any coupons right now so it was cool that he gave us the good price.

I used to custom frame at Michael's for years. They own Aaron Brothers so you're paying the same company. If you bought materials, I would charge $50 flat per piece. Honestly, the cheapest way to do it is to pay for a custom mat, glass and have them mount it into a pre-existing frame, no joke. Used to do that all the time and use all of the archival materials too. Just a heads up.

I used to custom frame at Michael's for years. They own Aaron Brothers so you're paying the same company. If you bought materials, I would charge $50 flat per piece. Honestly, the cheapest way to do it is to pay for a custom mat, glass and have them mount it into a pre-existing frame, no joke. Used to do that all the time and use all of the archival materials too. Just a heads up.

Horkey prints are a weird size so I kind of had to take it somewhere. Usually I just buy frames that are already set up for prints.

I'd love to see a horkey alien print.

Seriously, what is this? I need it.

<please don't be $5000, please don't be $5000...>

It's a Clearaudio Solution, they've been discontinued a couple of years ago. They retailed for around $3k, though you can find a used one for under $1k. Just don't look at their higher models (like master solution, master reference or the new innovation line), you won't be able to sleep :D