Brand New - TDAGARIM repress in 11/4

futre

Got my copy from .de, black. Perfect condition. No splits on inner sleeves. Sticker on front but I said, "fuck this sticker."

D2049273-0769-4ADC-91BE-582EB481D763_zps

B1F07C5F-F209-4CBA-A228-8603011AEA2D_zps

There's a little shine but it's completely smooth with no residue. I lightly picked up the ends and pulled it slowly back over itself while pressing it against the sleeve. Never lift straight up. After that there was some residue so I got a wash cloth with really hot water on it and I rubbed back and forth over it. It came off super quick. It's completely smooth now so I think the shine is maybe stain from the sticker chemicals.

Of all the jackets I've left out while spinning, my cat decides just this one is worthy of being his personal scratching post.

At least the shit head has good taste.

I'll never understand how people justify owning those things. It seems like all they do is shit in a box and ruin possessions.

Just wanted to throw this out there as a new member. Ordered TDAGARIM from SRC (Black) and the sticker WAS NOT on the jacket. It was on the outer packaging. Nice surprise considering all the trouble they had with stickers last time. 

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Brand-New-%252d-The-Devil-and-God-Are-Raging-Inside-Me-2XLP.html

Clearly this will be the next Yesterday and Today, where in twenty years nerds will hold up copies of the MOV Devil and God to the light to find out if it's a second state sticker removal or a third state where the sticker was never there. The sticker still applied will of course be first state.

So I've been summoned to the topic, and I'm going to address this. ONCE. If you care to discuss ethics with me, feel free to PM me. I'm not going to continue talking about it in this topic.

Yes, I'm selling my 2nd red copy on ebay. Here's the backstory, for those who care -- I was trying VERY hard to find a red variant because I really, really love this album. None of my attempts were working, until one day, two things came through and I somehow found myself with two red copies.

"Why didn't you sell it to a VC user at cost?!"

The first I paid 50 for, which was reasonable, and the second I had dropped 80 on (less reasonable) - but that was only because I didn't think the first one would come through. At this point, I just wanted to make my money back. And on a side note, I wasn't too inclined to help out a bunch of people who downvoted my posts because I was excitable. Talk about a group of killjoys.

I put it on ebay for 75 dollars, LESS than I paid for it. At that point, it was up to the bidders. I didn't tell anyone to bid higher, but they did. Because supply and demand. And that is such a basic concept that even an elementary schooler can tell you the basics. 

EVERYONE has sold a record for profit if they've collected for long enough. And if you haven't, well, you're terrible at economics. If you think it's "noble" to sell a record for way cheaper than it will go for, then props to you, but I'm an adult with bills to pay and I have to worry about that while juggling this expensive hobby on the side, so yes, if a record fetches a certain price - BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY - I'm going to sell it for that price. Sorry if you don't have money issues because you still live with mom and dad. You don't have to spend the money, and no one is forcing the people who DO spend that money to do so.

I also am selling my Head and the Heart sonic boom edition, as someone found and posted in the other topic. Similar story. I got the Sonic Boom one because I missed the original loser edition and I happened to be online during the brief time it went on sale. Later that week I saw the loser edition in Amoeba and I got that. I liked the loser edition more. The sonic boom edition was selling on Ebay for 90-120 dollars. Why would I sell for less, if that's what it goes for? It's insane that some people think you're a bad person for giving in to market economics. No one would blink an eye at someone selling Demon Days for 200 dollars, despite the fact that it cost 15 dollars when it first came out. 

Moral of the story is, downvote me all you want if it makes you happy. The number beside my name in my profile is already so low that I couldn't give two shits. Anyone who has taken a moment to talk to me on the board outside of these shit-fest topics or had a transaction with me can verify that I'm an incredibly friendly and nice person, which is more than I can say for the lot of you.

so yes, if a record fetches a certain price - BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY - I'm going to sell it for that price. Sorry if you don't have money issues because you still live with mom and dad. You don't have to spend the money, and no one is forcing the people who DO spend that money to do so.

This is dumb.  I should stock up on those Circa Survive represses because even if I have zero intentions to keep them, I can easily throw them up on eBay for profit simply because "PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY" flipper prices.  That's not econ 101.  That's just being shitty.  What you should've done is offered your red copy (or your sonic boom record) here at VC.  Either in this thread, or in the Sale board.  You could've easily explained what the situation was, and broken even in the process.  Hell, you probably could've asked for a couple bucks extra and obtained plenty of potential buyers in the process.  That's just my take, anyway.

Have I sold a record and made a profit off of it?  Absolutely.  I'd be lying if I said I haven't.  What I've never done, though, is turn around and sell a record mere weeks after obtaining it.  Everything I've sold has been in my collection for a good amount of time, and a lot of my "profitable" sales have been after careful consideration and much reluctance.  But what can I say?  To each his own, I guess.  Do what you want.  But don't sit there and play off flipping as "basic economics" (Jesus.  Really?)  And fuck off for implying that the rest of us - those who don't flip - don't have bills and financial burdens of our own.  Unbelievable.