'La Dispute are not a band. La Dispute are an infection. A scratch that cannot be itched'

Is this people the younger brothers/sisters/new generation of those funny fellas that used label all kinds fast music (emo, metal, hc...) as 'grindcore' in the early '00s?

They wore scarves and white belts. They were into Corn On Macabre and loved Pg.99.

I'm thinking so. But regardless of what those people called music genres, Pg.99 was still awesome  :D

As to the article? His only mistake was posting publicly. Pretty sure at some point all of us have had a crush on a band. If you saw 15 year old me with my Black Train Jack obsession you'd probably laugh.

We all have been through that phase for band XY while we were that age.

Sadly this guy sound a little older for this bullshit.

Whoa.. Somehow I thought this board loved La Dispute.....

All the haters suddenly come crawling out..??

just the everything else section does.;  go post about a new album and the rabid fans will come out of the woodworks to post about how amazing this band is blahblahbalhbalh

dude sounds like an angry Winnie the Pooh.

i try my hardest to not knock bands but damn. saying this band is awful is like stretching your legs after sitting in a car for 15 hours.

edit: i feel like hes yelling at me....like i didnt take out the trash.

I initially got caught up in the hype machine(VC) and bought that Vega record. Some parts were interesting, but it was tough swallowing the pretentious sad cafe open mike poetry.

What I do like about them is that I ordered the deluxe edition Wildlife thinking I might like it, but listened to the pre-download and fucking hated it so much I put it up on the bay the day it arrived and sold it for a stupid amount of money. Thanks for sucking La Dispute.

I do find Jordan's "story" lyrics to be far more engaging and captivating than those that pertain to relationships.  But that's just me.

I think La Dispute should be a time-sensitive affair. Like a rite of passage, you should turn in or donate your LD records after you (1) graduate from high school, or (2) acquire a taste in music. Whichever comes first.

I don't want to sound like a pretentious snob, but a lot of VC members love La Dispute because they haven't been exposed to good music, or broader varieties of music. "But Derek, music is subjective. There is no right or wrong." While I'll typically defend that statement to the death, the truth is that no one over the age of 17 should be listening to this band of their own free will. Anyone who listens to artists outside of the VC hype bubble can tell you that.

I listened to Wildlife once and thought it was really good but since then I've just kinda let them slip by for whatever reason. After listening to five seconds of the song posted in the article I figured out why. They're like a worse version of Touche Amore, and I don't even think Touche Amore is particularly "outstanding"