2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Music Finland To Release Exclusive 10" With The Line Of Best Fit

For Record Store Day April 19; Also Available Digitally

ARTISTS: Mirel Wagner (Sub Pop), Jaakko Eino Kalevi (Domino), Beastmilk, Satellite Stories, NEØV, The New Tigers

I, like the brilliant Paul Bridgewater of The Line Of Best Fit, feel that Nordic music in general - and Finnish music in particular - is really exciting right now, Finland being quite culturally distinct from the rest of Scandinavia.  This comp eschews the great black metal & isolation-folk (see Fonal Records) scenes, but there's incredible variety nonetheless.

About the artists, MIREL WAGNER just signed with Sub Pop, and has an album coming out there later this year (this will be her first music available since the signing.)  JAAKKO EINO KALEVI recently signed with Weird World (Domino), their first Nordic artist. And click for music on SATELLITE STORIES, NE0V, THE NEW TIGERS, and the mighty BEASTMILK.

5000 copies of this official Record Store Day release, Music Finland with The Line of Best Fit - The Limited Record Store Day Edition 2014, will be given out for free to customers at all participating stores across the US, Germany and the UK and Ireland. A select amount will also be circulated in France and Japan. 

Additionally, the songs will be streamed and/or otherwise available in some embeddable form on and after RSD.

Paul at TLOBF says: "We continue to be awed by the quality and invention in all Nordic music and Finland has shown itself to be at the centre of a creative explosion in forward thinking sounds. We're proud to be hooking up once again with Music Finland to support a release we believe represents the very best in new Finnish talent and spreading our love for it on the most important day in our musical calendar".  Go Paul!

almost every store i packed (nearly 400) got 6 of these 10"s

i haven't been able to find anything on it other than it being "4 songs". my suspicion is that it is actually a 12". why would they make their first 7" 4 songs?

I can confirm that this is a 4 track 7". Stores here are advertising the RSD releases that they may be able to sell online a week afterwards and a reliable store says they're going to be selling it for £6.99.

Fans of the Smith Street Band. Rejoice or wallow. Depending on how your collection is going.

Check it out...our lifelong bros @poisoncity will be selling these limited edish screenprinted versions of "Dreams" on Record Store Day!

Illustrated AND printed by the wizard @mongofreak 

Only available from the Poison City store in Fitzroy on Record Store Day!

970873_693816813992711_1138675168_n.jpg

Just wanted to give a shout out to user bull moose for always giving us the best insight possible

Hey,. Thanks very much. I already received a few review copies and that the stuff I see is just fantastic. The Taang! box that someone mentioned is just fantastic. All 10 of those singles have paper sleeves inside the picture sleeves. There's also a great book with lots of photos that people who were part of the punk scene in Boston in the 80s and 90s will recognize. There's a picture of The Rat, The Channel, the Middle East upstairs and maybe The Causeway; I am not sure about that. Anyway, it's a great great piece. Everything about it is done right. It even has a CD of all the music. I'm going to give it a lot of time in my video because I think that people who collect records but won't buy it because they're not into hardcore will really enjoy seeing it.

Same goes for The Folk Box. Again, people who aren't into the 60s folk revival might not buy it but they will admire how well it was done. The cover has a wood veneer laminate. The book is awesome and replicates the look of the notes that were included in folk and blues albums back then. It's a real work of art.