PO: Explosions In The Sky - The Wilderness

Xsjado

I'm going to be honest, after listening to the album, I have no idea if I folded the damn packaging back to the way it originally was.

I settled with the pockets being on the right with the side resembling the cover on the front before sliding on the slipcase. I have no clue what it originally came as haha.

I do agree with the comments above though. The packaging is the least practical album in my entire collection. What a pain in the ass and doesn't fit my oversized sleeves either.

I have 3 albums of over 1000 lp's that don't fit any sleeves. Explosions has 2 of the 3.

My Blue variant from the EITS store finally arrived on Saturday. Very mellow vibe on the album but a nice change of pace. Packaging is cool but a bit of a pain. A regular gatefold, potentially with optional cool foldy bits that don't affect anything, and a slipcase over it would even have been preferable. Slimmer package overall than Take Care though so that's a bonus.

I had a sleeve that fit it; it was a sleeve that VinylDigital mailed me a replacement in.  I'm not sure of the size specs.  I can verify that there is an outer sleeve out there that will fit it, though.

I do agree with the comments above though. The packaging is the least practical album in my entire collection. What a pain in the ass and doesn't fit my oversized sleeves either.

I have 3 albums of over 1000 lp's that don't fit any sleeves. Explosions has 2 of the 3.

Got mine today, finally... I get the opinions on the packaging. Took me a while to get it out and after playing it took some time to get it back in, especially the outer sleeve. Anyway loving the album, sounds even better on vinyl IMO. And love the etching on the transparant record

30vmbtz.jpg

Moral dilemma time!

So, lets say you have ordered a copy of this record and paid for it to be shipped to a US address but then decided to pay an extra amount for international shipping to receive it in a timely fashion and spin it on your turntable over the ocean.

Regardless of the recalculation, the record is still shipped to the initial US address. You receive an apology for the error and a full refund, including money for the record itself (that is, not only for the shipping that was erroneous). The record is technically still in your possession, as it is situated at a relative's place but you won't be able to listen to it for a good while.

I kind of know what one would have to do but not quite what one would want to do in this situation...

Moral dilemma time!

So, lets say you have ordered a copy of this record and paid for it to be shipped to a US address but then decided to pay an extra amount for international shipping to receive it in a timely fashion and spin it on your turntable over the ocean.

Regardless of the recalculation, the record is still shipped to the initial US address. You receive an apology for the error and a full refund, including money for the record itself (that is, not only for the shipping that was erroneous). The record is technically still in your possession, as it is situated at a relative's place but you won't be able to listen to it for a good while.

I kind of know what one would have to do but not quite what one would want to do in this situation...

Always a certain satisfaction that comes with doing the right thing.

Moral dilemma time!

I doubt they'd asked for it back. I have been mailed two copies of a record before on accident but they just told me to keep it. Do the right thing and ask if they need it in case they're short for other people

Always a certain satisfaction that comes with doing the right thing.

Indeed. I was swayed to accept their payment as money flow is tight right now. I was also influenced by the fact that it wasn't straight from the band and merchtable was the middle man here. It would've been easier to decline if it was straight from EITS. This way the band will still have one extra record sale under their belt but won't carry any losses. (if I'm assuming correctly).

To me it seems Merctable have taken the easy way out with so eagerly having sent the money back, in case I might start too much of a protest for the shipping mistake. Let's say I moved but requested the package to be sent to an updated address and they still sent it wrong, that would be fair policy. But as of now I'm thinking they didn't understand that the address they sent it to is totally valid, just not where I myself reside. So I'm still kind of iffy about taking it. I can still paypal them for the vinyl of course.

I doubt they'd asked for it back. I have been mailed two copies of a record before on accident but they just told me to keep it. Do the right thing and ask if they need it in case they're short for other people

Yeah that isn't the case here and they definitely won't. The record that I was sent is at my aunt's place and I won't be getting it in my hands before she happens to take a trip over the ocean (which might not be anytime soon). They didn't send me a replacament, just refunded the whole payment.

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeliberatiooooooon