ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

That's Fat, I'm sure they don't pay +/-3 bucks a pop for em. Big difference when you're pressing hundreds of thousands per year vs, typical punk labels 1000 or less per pressing. 

A place as big as FAT is probably singlehandedly paying most of those guys salaries..

And Fat has pretty decent prices! 

yeah, 20 tests being the "standard" is a totally recent, vinyl-bubble thing. most plants offer five, and you can pay, like, $2 for each additional test. so it's no wonder labels load up on tests given their resale value thanks to THE HOBBY.

2000th post, booyah

ETR always does 24 tests (unless the major won't let him) because 24 is Ross's "special number". if you've never noticed, 24 (and sometimes 12) come up verrrry often in ETR-related things (releases always go up at 12:24pm, etc). basically, whenever he can. 

i remember another label started doing tests /24 as well (BTR i think maybe?) and he got real butthurt about it.

And Fat has pretty decent prices! 

Definitely, I'm sure volume and their longevity keeps prices low, But yeah between them and No Idea they really keep prices insanely low. 2.50-3.50 wholesale on 7's and 5.50-8.00 wholesale on LP's. Pretty nuts. And retail I think is still around 10-11 bucks for LP's.  Not a huge fan of a lot of Fat stuff, but mad props to em for keeping things "punk" for lack of a better term, and maintaining a standard for other labels.  I'm certainly happy to pay 12-14 bucks for an LP nowadays, I know how much it cost's and how much labels lose on a lot of stuff. Prices are slowly creeping upwards at most plants now also. But yeah nice to see bigger labels not gauging their customers, or even raising pricing to a fair amount. I wouldn't bat an eye if either one of those labels raised prices by a buck or two. 

ETR always does 24 tests (unless the major won't let him) because 24 is Ross's "special number". if you've never noticed, 24 (and sometimes 12) come up verrrry often in ETR-related things (releases always go up at 12:24pm, etc). basically, whenever he can. 

i remember another label started doing tests /24 as well (BTR i think maybe?) and he got real butthurt about it.

ETR won't be around long. Seems like these "licencing house" type labels pop up every other month, a few of em do good financially for a while and then go belly up after a couple years. "labels" like this guys have a very short shelf life. I'm sure a lot of the old heads on here have seen probably 20 of these kinds of labels come and go over the last 10 years.  Taking the easy path is always short lived. There is no real demographic that he is targeting, just repressing anything that was popular at one time, no loyalty from people. People that like really really horrible top 40 music buy his crap, but once he loses the crop of variant chasers, and musically deficient trend hoppers, he'll be done with, and in a mountain of debt. 

So let's put that into perspective. Ross offered to sell those Rob Zombie tests and I thought about my friend Heather who is a a Rob Zombie/Horror nut so I shot him a PM. He wanted $125. No.

SO. Hypothetically if he did get 24 made of those and they're an extra $2-3 for every extra and he sold them all for that...

It's an extra $3000 in his pocket.

And wait "if the major won't let him..." isn't it already confirmed that he doesn't give a shit what the labels think?

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/104166-po-rob-zombie-hellbilly-deluxe-180-gram-vinyl-re-issue-via-etr-on-sale-724/page-6

This is the most pathetic thing I've read all day lol.

The most we've ever gotten is 9. Getting so many damn test presses kind of takes away from it I think. Also, who get's 7's at Pirates Press? Not sure if anyone could find a more expensive place to press 7's if they put forth an effort. 

Seems like deathwish runs a lot of stuff through them too. But yeah, as you mentioned with Fat, lots of volume for them too.

Was gonna weigh in on this but then, the lock happened.

So, I'm gonna make this concise, and I know I'm going against the grain here, but don't hate on Ross.

He's a solid guy. Is anyone perfect? No. Do I personally agree with how he's handled some situations? Of course not. But I am sure that everyone here has a few things behind them that may not show them in the most positive light if a bunch of strangers and old friends started discussing it on an open forum.

So maybe he did a few disagreeable things here and there. Give him a chance to move past it. This is a learning experience for everyone involved.

There are many musicians who are absolutely shitty people but we still run to listen to their music. If you choose not to support Ross or the records he puts out based on what you think of him as a person, fine, that's on you. Ross has never done anything malicious to me personally. In fact, I've found him to be one of the nicest people I've met who is involved with music in any capacity. Regardless of whatever I may think of him as a person, as long as he manages to put out good records, I will continue to buy them.

There are other labels out there who everyone is quick to support, who do far, far shadier things. Ross conducts things very publicly and so things tend to come to light. There are plenty of much more malicious things that we never hear about, and often we end up demonizing the wrong people.

Just my $0.02

Was gonna weigh in on this but then, the lock happened.

So, I'm gonna make this concise, and I know I'm going against the grain here, but don't hate on Ross.

He's a solid guy. Is anyone perfect? No. Do I personally agree with how he's handled some situations? Of course not. But I am sure that everyone here has a few things behind them that may not show them in the most positive light if a bunch of strangers and old friends started discussing it on an open forum.

So maybe he did a few disagreeable things here and there. Give him a chance to move past it. This is a learning experience for everyone involved.

There are many musicians who are absolutely shitty people but we still run to listen to their music. If you choose not to support Ross or the records he puts out based on what you think of him as a person, fine, that's on you. Ross has never done anything malicious to me personally. In fact, I've found him to be one of the nicest people I've met who is involved with music in any capacity. Regardless of whatever I may think of him as a person, as long as he manages to put out good records, I will continue to buy them.

There are other labels out there who everyone is quick to support, who do far, far shadier things. Ross conducts things very publicly and so things tend to come to light. There are plenty of much more malicious things that we never hear about, and often we end up demonizing the wrong people.

Just my $0.02

Nobody is mad at him because he's a shitty dude (although that too seems to be the general consensus), they're upset about his shady, poor business practices and treatment of his customers.

Seems to me the perfect reasons not to support someone's business venture.

Nobody is mad at him because he's a shitty dude (although that too seems to be the general consensus), they're upset about his shady, poor business practices and treatment of his customers.

Seems to me the perfect reasons not to support someone's business venture.

Also for coming in this thread and blatantly lying. I would have continued to not have an opinion of him if he just came in and said "Yeah, that's my eBay account. Easy money is cool." 

I don't have a personal vendetta against the guy, however I do think flipping your own releases is really kinda pathetic. And being bad at covering up any shady antics is not the same thing as being open and public about things.

Also, attempting to rationalize the fact that someone else might be worse does not make the first person any better. That kind of thinking only perpetuates this sort of behavior. 

I don't have a personal vendetta against the guy, however I do think flipping your own releases is really kinda pathetic. And being bad at covering up any shady antics is not the same thing as being open and public about things.

Also, attempting to rationalize the fact that someone else might be worse does not make the first person any better. That kind of thinking only perpetuates this sort of behavior.

I know, and I completely agree. It just stings to see this whole situation blow up like this, I wouldn't wish it upon anyone here. I just wanted to remind people that he's still a person not so different from any of us who have a passion for the music and perhaps we should all personally take some extra thought before choosing to vilify him.