ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

No legitimate pressing plant would press a record comprised of a ton of well-known theme songs with the Nickelodeon logo on the label. That, plus the fact that Hot Topic is doing an exclusive = definitely a "legit" release.

This is actually the perfect material for Ross, as the people who originally made the art & music on this release did so with the understanding that it would be exploited for crass commercial & marketing purposes. Those are basically Ross' love languages. With this new venture, he doesn't have to pretend to care about artistic integrity or independent music or any of the other things he's tried to stake a claim in previously, he can just put out what will move the most units and watch the money roll in (after accounting for Viacom's hefty licensing fee, natch).

This is true. Ross getting the rights has never been an issue. It's been letting the artists know. That's a whole other topic to debate that's been beat like a dead horse.

But, what I'm wondering about is the doug stuff.

Cover licenses are different than recording licenses. I find it odd that Viacom would allow all the artwork, logos, properties, etc to be used on a covers record.

I also find it odd that for all the other Doug Merch he is purposefully making everything look like a knock-off (assumably because he couldn't or doesn't want to pay licensing for that stuff. )

Something seems way off about that.

No legitimate pressing plant would press a record comprised of a ton of well-known theme songs with the Nickelodeon logo on the label. That, plus the fact that Hot Topic is doing an exclusive = definitely a "legit" release.

This is actually the perfect material for Ross, as the people who originally made the art & music on this release did so with the understanding that it would be exploited for crass commercial & marketing purposes. Those are basically Ross' love languages. With this new venture, he doesn't have to pretend to care about artistic integrity or independent music or any of the other things he's tried to stake a claim in previously, he can just put out what will move the most units and watch the money roll in (after accounting for Viacom's hefty licensing fee, natch).

LOL @ Ross' love languages

This is true. Ross getting the rights has never been an issue. It's been letting the artists know. That's a whole other topic to debate that's been beat like a dead horse.

But, what I'm wondering about is the doug stuff.

Cover licenses are different than recording licenses. I find it odd that Viacom would allow all the artwork, logos, properties, etc to be used on a covers record.

I also find it odd that for all the other Doug Merch he is purposefully making everything look like a knock-off (assumably because he couldn't or doesn't want to pay licensing for that stuff. )

Something seems way off about that.

I'm pretty sure Disney owns all of Doug. He was probably able to use the Nickelodeon images but not the content itself.

The interesting part is the lightning bolt design. Maybe Disney had that off limits for whatever reason?

I want Ross to release a 7" that comes with a kids small Doig shirt that transforms me back into a 7 year old when worn. I want to run in the yard and drink Capri Suns and throw my Last Action Hero red convertible off the porch ledge and send Last Action Hero Arnold and T2 Arnold flying into the bushes. I want my mother to love me again.

I want Ross to release a 7" that comes with a kids small Doig shirt that transforms me back into a 7 year old when worn. I want to run in the yard and drink Capri Suns and throw my Last Action Hero red convertible off the porch ledge and send Last Action Hero Arnold and T2 Arnold flying into the bushes. I want my mother to love me again.

i cry everytiem

To recap: These sold out in a day. The vinyl board most oriented to this sort of schlock has a majority claiming they wouldn't buy this from Shady Ross. There are a lot of people on this board lying. 

FYI: I have an OG press of the Dukes of Hazard theme song 45 and Charlie Brown's Christmas 7"/Storybook. The bidding begins at $50 each since people around here will buy anything. 

To recap: These sold out in a day. The vinyl board most oriented to this sort of schlock has a majority claiming they wouldn't buy this from Shady Ross. There are a lot of people on this board lying.

FYI: I have an OG press of the Dukes of Hazard theme song 45 and Charlie Brown's Christmas 7"/Storybook. The bidding begins at $50 each since people around here will buy anything.

That would be an interesting rug pull for the anti-Ross coalition, however, it's more likely that 500 random people on Instagram and Facebook saw a picture of Doig with some caption about vinyl and limited edition or something like that for less than a $20 bill and clicked "Buy Now" to fend off boredom/death anxiety for a few hours.

Have you seen r/vinyl? He found his new VC. Plus he has 3200 followers on instagram that would do the thing his lawyer wanted me to do if it meant getting free records. He doesn't need VC. 

I wonder if Ross and friends would consider doing an album of bake's posts from this thread. I'm thinking spoken word with some lounge music behind it would be great.

Pretty sure the lack of a third party middle-man to license my posts without my consent would kill whatever boner he might have for such a release. Unless Shitty Rambo and jhulud want to broker a deal behind my back...

With this being said, to all you overzealous users, Please don't go on a witch hunt. I love this thread and don't want it to get locked.