Better Call Saul

Rip

I didn't expect him to go the Saul route already. I thought he'd accept the offer and do that for the majority of the second season and then it's gonna happen.

Not complaining though, it was well done.

Same here.  I would have loved another season of him slowly transitioning into Saul.  I'm hoping that it isn't too big of a time jump where he's just Saul when season two starts.  I like the Jimmy story quite a bit and have no problem with them taking their time on it.  I'm in no rush for full on Saul.

I loved the monologue too.  I'm guessing it was all scripted, but I really hope some of that was ad libbed.

from uproxx. glad they decided to get back to actual writing for a change instead of filling their posts with gifs

First and foremost, we learned that the trigger that sets off the full-on Jimmy-to-Saul transition appears to have been the death of his former fellow flim flam man, Marco, after the two of them went on a week-long Chicago grifting bender. The whole first season had been about Jimmy trying to leave that life behind and do quote-unquote the right thing in the face of near-constant temptation, but it looks like Marco’s death in the act of one last scam sent him over the edge and caused him to finally start — and I apologize for this next part — breaking bad. Pinky ring on, conscience eroding, etc. All that’s left now is to buy some neon dress shirts and lease a Cadillac. It’s showtime.

But it wasn’t just Marco’s death that led to this. That was the match. The gasoline was everything that happened last episode, with Jimmy realizing Chuck never respected him and would never let him join the firm. You can see it in Jimmy’s face during the meeting with Howard. What looked like calm and acceptance on the surface turned out to be quietly simmering rage that bubbled over during bingo in an increasingly unhinged — and fun — monologue. And if we’re gonna keep going with this fire metaphor (we are), then the thing where he returned the Kettlemans’ money and lost out on his fancy new office and chance to work with Kim was the kindling. The steps were laid out bit by bit during the season, and it’s important to remember that because, otherwise, his decision to blow off the meeting Kim set up for him feels like a leap in a show that has taken great pains to take deliberate steps so far.

Just watched the finale. That Bingo scene was uncomfortable and really well done. i really enjoyed this show and am looking forward to the second season.

It's a good show. It's not really making me forget that Breaking Bad is gone, though. I get where they were going with the last episode. I just think the whole season was a bit too subtle and wish it had the bigger storyline to tie everything together a little better. Felt like 10 mid-season episodes in a row versus the big buildup to a finale that BB had each season.

BB had a lot more on the line right from the get-go, though. It's hard to pair the life threatening cancer of a seemingly do-gooder family man to any of the events that we've learned so far about Jimmy by himself.

Also remember BB was slow at the beginning, too. I feel like BCS had a consistent momentum throughout the entire season.

With that said, I'm really excited about where BCS is headed. It's gonna be a long wait for new episodes that I'm not looking forward to, lol.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...