Official Record Store Day Thread

Well. This is my plea for help. 

My store is doing wristband time slots again & by the time I remembered to request, it was late and I got at 10:30am slot. What I really really really want will likely be gone if they get any.

So. If anyone can be on lookout and help me snag Malfunkshun and My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult, I’d be forever grateful. 

Please & thank you. 

14 hours ago, jhulud said:

Well. This is my plea for help. 

My store is doing wristband time slots again & by the time I remembered to request, it was late and I got at 10:30am slot. What I really really really want will likely be gone if they get any.

So. If anyone can be on lookout and help me snag Malfunkshun and My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult, I’d be forever grateful. 

Please & thank you. 

I'll try to snag those for you. Malfunkshun, Garbage and Team Sleep are my top priorities as well.

On 4/5/2024 at 7:07 PM, Rottengoth said:

oh its been great! Appreciate the kind words. yeah still waiting on a few things from the distributor but pretty much getting everything we ordered.

Wow. You are close to me. Will you be getting a lot of PJ and the Forbidden records? Those are the two I really want.

Picked up Olafur Arnalds, Mansun and Oceansize - there was only one of each of these at my local and the other store didn't have them in stock (so apologies, won't be able to supply extra Oceansize LPs but they're available Monday online). Nearly passed out seeing the price of that Team Sleep LP! What the hell?!

2 hours ago, AdamJNovak said:

Is Taylor doing something for RSD? First person in line at my store is here for her; but I haven’t heard she’s doing anything besides that note?

It would appear this way. My girlfriend's sister hit me up yesterday to look for something and then her friend texted my gf asking when the local shops open. 

Also judging by the insane line that I just got into, Swift fans are definitely under the impression that she is releasing something. 

Usually I'm like 20th in line at the location I'm at but I'm probably 50-60th. Kinda crazy but I'm remaining hopeful I get what I want 

Edited by pizza face

People came out of the woodwork. I am an hour and 40 minutes early and 17th in line in a rural area. I wasn't this early for Black Friday and I was first in line that year. Based off how small the shop is it isn't looking good. The other store near me is still doing appointments which I'm not willing to drive almost an hour for knowing it's a gamble.

5 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Well. My store didn’t even get their allotted copy of My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult. The owner told me that if they receive it in a later shipment, he’ll hold it for me. 

But  he did have the Malfunkshun for me. So that’s cool & snagged that. 

Congrats!