PO: The Blood Brothers - Burn, Piano Island, Burn 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition

On 10/11/2023 at 3:34 PM, lexicondevil said:

This is the terrible outcome of when you found the perfect outfit at Forever21 and now the fucking vinyl doesn't even match the clothing. I can understand why she is sooooo outraged.

Those pics though. Too goddamn funny that she really goes through a lot of effort and staging to take pictures with her vinyl.

LMAO 

guess they heard Mean Jeannine, just got this email from Epitaph:

Subject: The Blood Brothers Replacement Vinyl Update

Dear Blood Brother,

Thank you for purchasing the Burn, Piano Island, Burn 20th anniversary LP.  Unfortunately, the colors didn’t turn out the way we envisioned and are not satisfied with the end result. Therefore, we’ll be sending you a new copy of the vinyl on a Yellow & Pink variant to make up for it. Hopefully, this will complete the package as we intended.

We expect these replacement LPs to ship out in January 2024.  Please keep both copies as a sign of our appreciation.

Thanks again for the support!

-Epitaph Records

I read the statement as they won't make new jackets, just shipping out replacement records. So if someone's gonna let go of their "vomit" variant you either get a full package and it will cause another meltdown when the og buyer receives just the records in dust sleeves, or you just get the records without a jacket if the og buyer sells the og variant AFTER he/she receives the replacement. No good solution🤣

2 hours ago, Shelby said:

If y'all have ever wondered why $40 LPs exist... ta-da!

Was about to say this...the uptick in hypebeast culture among vinyl collectors has bred a mentality of entitlement, which raises prices in situations like this. The rising costs create a greater sense of "I paid $XX for this, it should be the way it was advertised!". The cycle continues.

People were insistent the bubble would burst when I joined this site 9 years ago. I've got no idea if or when that will happen.

21 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Was about to say this...the uptick in hypebeast culture among vinyl collectors has bred a mentality of entitlement, which raises prices in situations like this. The rising costs create a greater sense of "I paid $XX for this, it should be the way it was advertised!". The cycle continues.

People were insistent the bubble would burst when I joined this site 9 years ago. I've got no idea if or when that will happen.

I gave up on waiting on the bubble bursting. I keep getting kicked out by gen z admins from facebook groups for raising my voice against prices while they are flexing with their screen print of a 80 dollar plus shipping noname awful band's /50 wax mage crap and how they are happy they could get it in the 5 secs it went sold out. This shit ceased being about the music and collecting.

3 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

This shit ceased being about the music and collecting.

I do hate that mentality. Why buy a record if you aren't going to enjoy the music? I've bought things out of morbid curiosity, but if it sucks I'll probably unload it. I do cringe every time a single LP goes up for preorder at $28 before shipping. Sucks.

*Curiously eyes username*

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

19 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

I mean,  in my opinion, it currently is.  If there were an actual US recession, it’d truly pop for a few years at least.

I’ve been somewhat vocal about being out. I’m currently doing an A-Z listening of my records (on N right now) and then selling 90%+ of it. I’m only delaying because I’m trying to figure out the best way. In the past I listed everything, collectors came and looted me like a new Diamond mine (no offense to any of you who bought from me), and then they left me with zero interest in the non-rare stuff. I’m also trying to figure out how to balance my life and selling. I’d likely have to limit it to max 20 sales per week, but then that would take 40+ weeks (a year) to sell off.

"Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount.com!

We're sorry to inform you that the item(s) are temporarily out of stock and unavailable to ship. Back order item(s) are typically filled within 45 days. The item(s) will ship as soon as they become available.

If by any chance we are unable to fulfill the item(s) requested, the item(s) will be canceled, and you will be notified via email.

If canceled, and paid with PayPal or used Google checkout, you will be issued a refund. Remember that credit card orders are not charged until shipped.

We apologize for the inconvenience and delay this may have caused.

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your business.

Regards,

DeepDiscount.com Sales Support"

Just got a response and looks like we're SOL if ordered through deep discount lol doubtful it'll be back in stock 

31 minutes ago, pizza face said:

"Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount.com!

We're sorry to inform you that the item(s) are temporarily out of stock and unavailable to ship. Back order item(s) are typically filled within 45 days. The item(s) will ship as soon as they become available.

If by any chance we are unable to fulfill the item(s) requested, the item(s) will be canceled, and you will be notified via email.

If canceled, and paid with PayPal or used Google checkout, you will be issued a refund. Remember that credit card orders are not charged until shipped.

We apologize for the inconvenience and delay this may have caused.

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your business.

Regards,

DeepDiscount.com Sales Support"

Just got a response and looks like we're SOL if ordered through deep discount lol doubtful it'll be back in stock 

Boooooo

Thought this might be the case. Snagged a copy off discogs. Oh well.

Edited by TheGhostOfRandySavage