PO: Green Day- Saviors (1/19/24)

8 hours ago, Green Day said:

I’ve been a fan since 94. And I’ve been disappointed with most of their output of late. But I LOVE the new song. A true return to form, finally. I’m surprised it’s getting so much hate here.

Good to see this album is so bad it’s creating parody accounts. 

That song has a bridge (the “don’t panic” section). Unless you’re using bridge in the old pre-chorus sense, in which case… it has that too. Does it twice before it gets to the first chorus. (Though I’ll say the ending is a little abrupt. Could have probably used a little tag / outro at the end.)

I’ve been kinda surprised by the intenseness of the negativity to these. They’re the only songs of theirs I’ve been able to listen to more than once (if even in full) since American Idiot (and that was even only some songs).  🤷🏻‍♂️ I don’t mind them…

19 hours ago, mike said:

That song has a bridge (the “don’t panic” section). Unless you’re using bridge in the old pre-chorus sense, in which case… it has that too. Does it twice before it gets to the first chorus. (Though I’ll say the ending is a little abrupt. Could have probably used a little tag / outro at the end.)

I’ve been kinda surprised by the intenseness of the negativity to these. They’re the only songs of theirs I’ve been able to listen to more than once (if even in full) since American Idiot (and that was even only some songs).  🤷🏻‍♂️ I don’t mind them…

I think there is one good album's worth between Uno / Dos / Tre. 21st is awful, as is RR, and FoA. But 'Look Ma' is the first catchy song in the last ten years I've liked. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2023 at 3:52 PM, ethanpricington said:

The first single was meh. 2nd one was much more tolerable. But this one? I straight up love this one. 

I actually really like Look Ma and Dilemma. I’ll probably end up ordering the indie version from Monster Music on their next Saturday sale.