PO: New Found Glory - Catalyst vinyl (out 11/3)

1 hour ago, 1876records said:

This is the only correct take. Anyone upset about Steve not being included in NFG physicals is a sick, twisted freak. There’s more than a few of you out there. 

I don't think you actually know what happened, but okay.

1 minute ago, januarytwenty said:

Tell us?

you can read his statement here

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tR8q_7iQLqFjAnbhsowU8mhgTHDJR4tp0RMsSdPQ8uE/mobilebasic

based on the info that's out there seems like he got pretty screwed by this whole thing, yeah he showed some pretty terrible judgement jerkin his gherkin to rando's on the internet, the fact is he didn't did get convicted of anything other than indecent exposure. court of public opinion destroyed this guys life.

1 hour ago, 1876records said:

everyone, meet Scott Heisel — the new chairman & CEO of the Steve Klein fan club 

Scott has been around a long time. Has worked for various reputable companies involved with this type of music as long as I've known of him (20ish years). Scott correct me if I'm wrong but I think you worked for Alt Press many years ago when I met you through Jordan (monk0nuggets) at a show at Grog Shop. 

I'm sure he has more info than your average Joe lurking the message boards. I wouldn't say he's a fan of Steve, he probably just knows more than us and choosing to remain professional about the whole thing. 

All he said is it's kind of crazy Steve doesn't get acknowledged writing credits on modern pressings for the songs he wrote. Which is in fact, kind of strange. Shitty dude or not, those are still songs he wrote, like it or not. 

8 minutes ago, porkdad said:

Im a big SJW and i think it’s revisionist history to scrub Steve’s involvement from this. 

This. I'm not pro Steve by any means, but that dude wrote those songs. If it bothers you, stop listening to them and buying the damn albums. And if you can separate the art from the artist, enjoy them for what they are, that's fine too (I bought this 🤷‍♂️).

But acting like he wasn't involved in something he very much was involved with seems a little odd to me. 

not gonna lie, this paragraph is very sad:

After learning of my charges, I immediately informed one of my band’s two managers. My lawyer and my manager both advised me not to say anything to the band or other manager while on tour. On December 12, 2013, the day I arrived home, I immediately called the other guitar player and explained the situation, including the charges and my pending arraignment. I told him I was going to call each member individually, but I didn't get that chance. Less than 30 minutes later, I received a phone call from the entire band during which I was fired. They released a statement that same day. I understand these types of charges provoke a visceral reaction and that damage control would soon follow, but after 20 years of friendship, I was taken back by how quickly they came to the decision to fire me. They didn't want to hear me out, and they spent the conversation berating me about how this is going to affect them. Shockingly, one of the band members said that he was so embarrased by the charges that he wished I was charged with murder instead. I knew at this point I would never be given the chance to explain, nor be heard with any logic or reason. I have not spoken with any members of the band since that day.

3 hours ago, rrd said:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tR8q_7iQLqFjAnbhsowU8mhgTHDJR4tp0RMsSdPQ8uE/mobilebasic

based on the info that's out there seems like he got pretty screwed by this whole thing, yeah he showed some pretty terrible judgement jerkin his gherkin to rando's on the internet, the fact is he didn't did get convicted of anything other than indecent exposure. court of public opinion destroyed this guys life.

Thanks for sharing that link, I had not read that before today. The public perception of Steve is way different than what I just read there. Very sad to hear

1 hour ago, kylet said:

…separate the art from the artist…

Why can’t people do this. It’s like removing all references to Jesse Lacey from Brand New - that would be stupid. They’re never getting any more of my money, but I won’t stop listening to their music and enjoying it for its art. 

7 hours ago, kylet said:

Scott has been around a long time. Has worked for various reputable companies involved with this type of music as long as I've known of him (20ish years). Scott correct me if I'm wrong but I think you worked for Alt Press many years ago when I met you through Jordan (monk0nuggets) at a show at Grog Shop. 

I'm sure he has more info than your average Joe lurking the message boards. I wouldn't say he's a fan of Steve, he probably just knows more than us and choosing to remain professional about the whole thing. 

All he said is it's kind of crazy Steve doesn't get acknowledged writing credits on modern pressings for the songs he wrote. Which is in fact, kind of strange. Shitty dude or not, those are still songs he wrote, like it or not. 

Correct, correct and correct. I spent a fair amount of time with NFG during my AP days; I even wrote a cover story on the band in 2011. I considered some members of that band to be friends of mine, though that number has dwindled over the years. I do believe Steve showed poor judgment and got absolutely railroaded for it due to the public perception of the scene at large at that time (this all happened shortly after Ian Watkins from Lostprophets was arrested for being an actual pedophile who was abusing an infant).

Remember, there is always more to the story than what makes it out to the internet.

On 11/6/2023 at 12:02 PM, rrd said:

thanks for sharing this. had no idea this existed and have only based opinion off of what others have said online. 

21 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Oh that's a good price. Thank you! 

Found 2 at jpc and bol for both €78. Not sure why there's such a price difference. JPC's prices are usually low so that's really strange. 

• 2 weeks later...

So mine arrived today. I got it from EU/UK kings road and ordered the tri-colour version which I actually preferred but it’s arrived today with a note stating they had been undersupplied that variant and therefore have sent me the /500 swirl. Just a heads up to anyone who might have this issue too.  

https://imgur.io/a/cM6OaF2

Edited by bobby
Image added

Thanks for reminding me I need to email them about my record as well. Got the tri-color and it has a warp. It’s about half of track 1 on side C/D. Tried adding more tracking force but it just skips. For a $12 record I might have put up with this, but a $50 first time on vinyl record? They gotta do better.

Edited by MCDELTAT

Saw these guys last month in OKC with AAR, Motion City Soundtrack and The Get Up Kids. They opened the show with "All Down Hill From Here" and I realized just how much I loved that song and this album. Being a freshman in high school when it came out probably had something to do with it too. Anyways, glad I picked this up.

PS - I had no idea Chad had cancer. Bummer. Dan from Four Year Strong was filling in for him and did so good. 

Ok, there's your shinfo comment for the day everyone!