Remember when this forum was fun & friendly?

and everyone wasn't a troll or just bitchy towards new people?

jesus folks someone put something in the wrong space on a messageboard... you guys act like someone banged your mom.

if someone posts a new or duplicate topic.. just ignore it, go outside or something. stop thinking you're anything special because you've been collecting records for a week longer than someone. Its just douchey to shit on someone thats trying to enjoy a new hobby, and overly annoying for those of us who have been here since this shit started.

You have to remember that this is a forum for people who buy records. Of course it's filled with a distorted sense of self worth.

But to answer your question no I honestly don't remember when this forum was friendly. It's an asshole club and has been as long as I've been here.

It's simple, only go into threads that are about topics you're interested in. If you don't like the band or the thread isn't interesting what's the point of posting in it? I think the reality is the people that do this want to keep the thread going because they think they can embarrass the OP and they want to prolong it by keeping it alive. Which is really just sad and makes me embarrassed to be a part of this "community."

I joined recently and got blasted on my first post! lol  But hey.. it is what it is.  If I can speak for some new people I'd just say that not everyone has been collecting vinyl for YEARS. There are people new to it who don't know all the ins and outs. Collecting and playing music on vinyl is FUN and so talking about it should be to.

You have to remember that this is a forum for people who buy records. Of course it's filled with a distorted sense of self worth.

But to answer your question no I honestly don't remember when this forum was friendly. It's an asshole club and has been as long as I've been here.

It's simple, only go into threads that are about topics you're interested in. If you don't like the band or the thread isn't interesting what's the point of posting in it? I think the reality is the people that do this want to keep the thread going because they think they can embarrass the OP and they want to prolong it by keeping it alive. Which is really just sad and makes me embarrassed to be a part of this "community."

I agree with this. I've been posting here since 2009. Right away people thought I was a troll.

Sometimes I post topics of things I'd really like to discuss, but someone who doesn't want that discussion will post a picture of a lock and the thread will be locked "this has been discussed before," yes three years ago and things change.

Yesterday I posted something that has been posted before. But I did 2 searches for it it first, including the url of the site I linked to. People posted very unfriendly comments, "Do you even search?" Yes, I did.

Sometimes the search doesn't work if the original poster didn't give an accurate enough description.

People here need to calm down. This is the right forum for this because it pertains to this forum. I don't read the everything else forum. I come here for records, so if there is an issue to handle, it should be dealt with here for maximum exposure.

Just because this is the Internet doesn't mean we shouldn't have common courtesy and respect towards strangers.

fun? yes and no.

friendly? yes and no.

informative? yes and no.

but I've only lurking since 2011 and finally joined last summer...

but I kinda feel the same way you do, and it's not just here, but on every hobbyist message board/forums in cyberland.

SSDF (same stuff different forum  ;) )

oh, and +1