Secret Santa 2013 Edition (updated 9/26)

Hello, my name is Brandon and I enjoy ruining secret santa lists by being the dude that no one knows anything about but someone still has to shop for. I'm 22, live in Arizona, and love the outdoors. I really love landscape photography (Arizona Highways is one of my favorite magazines, for reference) and architecture/design. So, if you'd like to buy me a modern house on top of a mountain overlooking nature, I would give you accolades for an adequate gift.  I've always been a skinny dude, I'm now trying to bulk up so I can beat up people who don't hold the door for others. I don't drink or smoke because I'm alternative, edgy, and a much better person than you. I collect Snapple caps because apparently I'm the guy who collects Snapple caps. I have no pets, no girlfriend, and no soul. I am the most beautiful person you've never seen.

As for music, my favorites are Circa Survive, City and Colour, Silversun Pickups, Mutemath, Nine Inch Nails, fun., Bon Iver, Nada Surf, John Mayer, Jimmy Eat World, etc. etc., the usual. I'll be updating my tradelist later today with an accurate list of things I haven't gotten around to scooping up yet. I wear a size small shirt (but again, gettin' swole, brah). I like TV a lot--mostly comedies--but don't get into movies too often. Breaking Bad is over, and now is my life.

I've set some goals for myself for 2014 so that I can ultimately fail at them and spiral into an out of control depression. That being said, I'm really hoping to get into cycling and, therefore, also steroids next year. 

Don't fuck up/Love,

Brandon

Hey guys my name is Seth. I'm 22 and live in Princeton, IL which is a couple hours southwest of Chicago. I was recently diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma and I've been stuck at home or in the hospital and away from school so anything my secret santa gets me will be very much appreciated. I've learned to truly appreciate the small things so don't stress too hard on what to get. I love coffee, tea and cooking. Just recently discovered Teavana Tea, so expensive but sooo good. Making a nice cup of coffee/tea/or cooking is very therapeutic for me. I enjoy books. Anything really, whether it's music, history, biographies, auto biographies, fiction. I'm currently reading Nick Offerman's Auto biography,  Rich Froning the cross fit guys book, A Cuckoo's Calling by J.K. Rowling, and Dad is Fat by Jim Gaffigan. I am a bears, cubs, hawks, and bulls fan. As far as music, I tend to listen to bands from No Sleep (got the sub), Run for Cover (also have the sub), Deathwish, Tiny Engines, topshelf. Those are the main labels I can think of off the top of my head, but I pretty much like most all the bands discussed here. If I had to name some bands I'm listening to a lot right now It would be Touche Amore, La dispute, Signals Midwest, Into it. Over it, Title Fight, Balance and Composure. (Must be the time of year haha). My shirt size floats around L and XL but lets say XL to be safe. That's all I can think of, so I hope that helps!

-Seth

P.S. This is the first time I've actually been on a computer other than my phone since I was diagnosed with cancer. So all you incredibly awesome people that came into my "So, I have cancer" thread and supported me I am sorry for the extreme lack of updates. I will post one soon, things are going very well and looking positive, but right now I have to head over to my grandpas and grind and make sausage. Love you guys!

i knew there was a reason i should have made tradelists mandatory. oh yeah, so i don't keep getting PMs asking to contact their recipients about what they like, have or what not. Next year it's going back to mandatory. 

next year, if you don't have a tradelist, your secret santa will be asked to get you something not music related. no records, no books on music. you'll get a box of chocolates with a used copy of fletch on vhs for xmas.  

i knew there was a reason i should have made tradelists mandatory. oh yeah, so i don't keep getting PMs asking to contact their recipients about what they like, have or what not. Next year it's going back to mandatory. 

next year, if you don't have a tradelist, your secret santa will be asked to get you something not music related. no records, no books on music. you'll get a box of chocolates with a used copy of fletch on vhs for xmas.  

:(

36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJk

hi. i'm lauren. almost 28 year-old (day before halloween!), female, brooklyn.

i'm terrible at picking favorites and even worse at categorizing things, but i know i mostly read and don't post on here too often, so i'll try to be thorough/helpful :)

shows and live music have always been, and still very much are, a huge part of my life. the first band i ever saw live was silverchair and my first real show was the suicide machines (and limp and mephiskapheles) back when i was 12 (and i totally scammed my parents into letting me go. fun story. i was a crafty 12 year-old). i was fortunate enough to grow up in a place where awesome live music was a daily thing and made sure to take advantage as much i could. i actually grew up down the street from cbgbs, so that was basically my home away from home through all of high school (better than sitting at home with my parents, that's for sure). that and working at random shows at irving plaza, wetlands, and roseland. i've been extremely lucky and seen a lot of amazing bands between then and now and it's one of the few things i really love about this city.

i'm fascinated by/enjoy anything ridiculous that's related to mocking juggalos (such as http://juggaloanimals.tumblr.com/), david hasselhoff, or bacon.

in addition to records, other things depleting my bank account are beer (i prefer ipas, but like to explore and have no shame in drinking cheap stuff when i'm poor (which is often) and art (artists i tend to buy a lot of: dan danger (actually an old college buddy of mine), alex pardee, tara mcpherson, chuck hood, brian ewing, tim doyle, david cook, aaron horkey)

i work in photography. 

i like cats. i have one. his name is jäger. he's awesome. 

i also love corgis. they're awesome and have disproportionate leg-to-body ratios just like me lol (seriously though, please feel free to send one my way)

music-wise, my tastes are pretty much all over the map (and, again, i'm terrible at picking favorites), so here's a bunch of bands i really love!): jets to brazil, hot rod circuit, the anniversary, electric six, jukebox the ghost, balance and composure, les savy fav, daggermouth, useless id, the promise ring, hrvrd, reggie and the full effect, piebald, braid, the bronx, the refreshments, new found glory, the get up kids, the gay blades, chixdiggit!, daytrader, refused, soco, have mercy, the dismemberment plan, har mar superstar, the forecast, bad religion, pennywise, millencolin, turbonegro, reel big fish, goldfinger,  cky, and weird other stuff like random quebecois indie rock and country. i actually do really enjoy some country.

my (mostly current) collection and want list live here: http://www.discogs.com/user/themeconspiracy

my instagram lives here: http://instagram.com/themeconspiracy

dear secret santa, 

sorry i didn't post a tradelist initially. here you go: http://deadformat.net/tradelist/batmanofbaylor

sidenote: damn, i didn't realize i had so many records...

this wasn't geared towards you per se. it's just a general note. it gives someone a big clue of what your likes are and what you have so no one buys something you may already have. i got copious PM's about tradelists the last few days. i'm not annoyed with anyone. just with the situation at hand. i knew there was a reason we made that mandatory in past years. i just forgot this year and threw it out the window so others could join. that was a little mistake on my part. doh! 

all i know is my recipient is gonna get a pretty pretty....pretty....pretty nice gift(s).

the only thing that sucks about being mod all these years is knowing who gets me. :(   luckily the dude knows me well and i will not be hard to shop for. :)