The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

30% off select vinyl at Hastings, using code "SPINIT"

https://www.gohastings.com/browse/MUSIC/Ns/p_rank/Ne/2455/N/2457+4294928582+3631/departmentName/MUSIC.uts?from=coupon_0218_30vinyl&utm_nooverride=1

It's not as good as the last sale but there's some pretty decent stuff in there, with that $1.29 shipping included.  

Thanks. Grabbed a Nick Drake boxset for $26 ppd.

https://www.gohastings.com/browse/MUSIC/Ns/p_rank/Ne/2455/N/2457+4294928582+3631/departmentName/MUSIC.uts?from=coupon_0218_30vinyl&utm_nooverride=1

It's not as good as the last sale but there's some pretty decent stuff in there, with that $1.29 shipping included.  

Some great deals in there...

elbow - take off and landing of everything

alison krauss - raising sand

nick drake - five leaves left deluxe ed.

talib & hi-tek - reflection eternal

cocteau twins - heaven or las vegas

love this giant

Picked up Pixies Trompe Le Monde for 12 shipped. 

Some really good records in that GH selection but I can't afford to get anything after my Music Direct order. Ones of note: David Byrne & St. Vincent for $11, new Sleater-Kinney for a little under $11, the most recent two Deerhoof albums (Breakup Song and La Isla Bonita) for $7 each, Fucked Up's "David Comes to Life" for a little under $10.

Anyone ever try to push for a partial refund from goHastings and have some tips? Received a record that from a sleeve point of view they never should have shipped. Lots of shelf wear. Probably wasn't damaged enroute to me. Amazon is great to deal with, but I tried once in the past with a similar issue with goHastings and got no where. 

Anyone ever try to push for a partial refund from goHastings and have some tips? Received a record that from a sleeve point of view they never should have shipped. Lots of shelf wear. Probably wasn't damaged enroute to me. Amazon is great to deal with, but I tried once in the past with a similar issue with goHastings and got no where.

My experience with them is that it was very easy to get a return/refund. If you're looking for a discount, I'd say good luck with that.

Why a partial refund? Most large companies don't do that, Hastings isn't eBay.

Just return/exchange it.

Because I figure it's a pain in the ass for both of us. I pay for shipping back to Hastings and wait another two weeks for it to arrive, and they have to deal with the processing. I like Amazon's policy where they send me the new one and then I return the old without paying for shipping. Yup, I'm cheap. 

Because I figure it's a pain in the ass for both of us. I pay for shipping back to Hastings and wait another two weeks for it to arrive, and they have to deal with the processing. I like Amazon's policy where they send me the new one and then I return the old without paying for shipping. Yup, I'm cheap. 

did you pay with paypal? they make it easy for the seller to do a partial refund

Contact go hastings. You dont pay for shipping back. They give you a return shipping, attach it to the mailer it came in. Problem solved.

Depending on the item they may say keep it. I wouldnt count on that. I bought a dvd that came busted and they said we have no more so just keep it and issued a refund.

I just got a bunch of the records I ordered from Gohastings from the last 30% off coupon. They shipped everything like shit. It has been a while since they have done that to me. The Johnny Cash boxset was taped between two pieces of cardboard and had a label slapped on it, that was it. Surprisingly it showed up in good shape, just one nice ding.

Got a copy of Pink Floyd's 'Division Bell' which was opened (not a huge deal) and has severs sleeve damage from living in a store. (About half of the records I ordered were in pretty rough shaped externally).

I am not going to bother complaining. 30% already good prices is worth some messed up sleeves (for me). I would rather have these records with some sleeve damage than send them back for a refund (I think a lot of them are out of stock for shipping now so replacement isn't likely an option).

After receiving several records from the Hastings 30% coupon, I noticed that they seemed to have unopened a lot of the records to put one of those sticky anti-theft strips on the inside (right in the middle of a gatefold record).  Then resealed with their own shrink wrap. I managed to get most of them off however some left a residue. 

Using that 30% off GoHastings code I was lucky to get 7 LPs in 3 different orders all packed well and in perfect shape including some double 180g's, each order everything shipped together.  A 4th order of 6 CDs on the other hand.. they are a mess- coming from 4 different places, one by UPS. 2 have arrived and look like they were fished out of a dumpster.  dirt cheap tho!

Thanks! Got that Hot Water Music 4xLP for $26.35 shipped! 

Pixies

Minotaur

http://www.deepdiscount.com/google-shopping/725543001320?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=productSearch&gclid=CLLY2-iQ6soCFdcRgQodr6IH9w

$230 shipped -- best regular price yet that I've seen...

5-CD + 4-LP + 1-Blu-ray + 2-DVD + 54, 96 Book set) the definitive Pixies collector's piece. Minotaur is curated by legendary graphic designer, Vaughan Oliver with photographer Simon Larbalestier, created the album artwork for all five Pixies' studio albums. Oliver and Larbalestier have teamed up once again on Minotaur, to create their largest single body of Pixies work to date. Includes all five Pixies' studio albums (Come on Pilgrim, Surfer Rosa, Doolittle, Bossanova, and Trompe le Monde) in the following formats: 24k gold plated CD's; five 12" - 180 gram virgin vinyl LP's cut from the original analog tapes; Blu-ray audio mastered for 5.1 surround sound and 2 channel stereo at 24/192; DVD mastered for 5.1 surround sound and 2 channel stereo at 24/96. Also included is the previously unreleased Pixies 1991 live performance from Brixton, on both Blu-ray and DVD, mastered for 5.1 surround sound at 24/192 and 24/96, respectively. All discs are housed in a custom designed folio. In addition to reinterpreting all of the original album covers, Oliver's and Larbalestier's extensive work is featured in a 96-page fine art book, measuring 22" x 14" inches, and an additional 54-page book, measuring 7.75" x 8.25". Also included is a 12" x 19.5" giclee print of the duo's work, and two double-sided fold-out posters measuring 48" x 36." Each copy of the Limited Edition is individually numbered, and hand-signed by every member of the Pixies and Vaughan Oliver. Additionally, at random, 25 of the 3000 Limited Edition sets will include test pressings of the vinyl albums. Housed in an oversized clamshell case and weighing over 25 pounds.

I received this a few days back and I must say, it's well worth the price.  This thing is fucking hugeheavy, and beautifully crafted.  It's a work of art in itself.  Though I probably won't even touch the CDs/DVDs, the BluRay and vinyl is gorgeous.  The pressings sound exceptional - I listened to my MFSL copy of Surfer Rosa back to back with the copy included in this set and both are exceptionally mastered.  The artbook is obscenely giant (with an equally large penis glyph on the front cover) and filled with stunning artwork.  I haven't been able to find the signed bookmark yet, but I'm sure it's hidden in there somewhere...

I received this a few days back and I must say, it's well worth the price. This thing is fucking huge, heavy, and beautifully crafted. It's a work of art in itself. Though I probably won't even touch the CDs/DVDs, the BluRay and vinyl is gorgeous. The pressings sound exceptional - I listened to my MFSL copy of Surfer Rosa back to back with the copy included in this set and both are exceptionally mastered. The artbook is obscenely giant (with an equally large penis glyph on the front cover) and filled with stunning artwork. I haven't been able to find the signed bookmark yet, but I'm sure it's hidden in there somewhere...

You should post some pics when you get a chance if it isn't too much trouble.