Official Record Store Day Thread

28 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

I'm shocked I'm actually interested for once. Mainly just Turnstile and Kim Petras but I may pick up some others.

Can we all at least agree on how cool it is that Turnstile is officially a big band, since they can now issue 3-song EP's for RSD?Ā šŸ˜œ

Also, Linkin Park meant a lot to me, so I'll probably stroll into my local shop around noon and grab the 'Lost' Demos LP. Still so crazy that it wasn't included with the Super Deluxe Boxset earlier this year.Ā 

3 hours ago, JohnMatrix said:

Yeah I remember it getting announced but I couldn't find it anywhere and heard rumblings that it was delayed and then I saw it show up on Discogs for crazy prices a little while later. Very weird

I picked up the red rsd, was not able to find the split variant tho. There was something about delays i remember too

• 3 weeks later...

Starting to get antsy. I know it's an RSD first, but I really want that Steeler with Yngwie Malmsteen. It's only 1500 pressed on red. Hasn't had a pressing since it was released i think. 1982?...Starting to look like this one escapes me. Oh well. I really want this so I guess I'll have to wait fir that one to be released as a regular release

5 hours ago, faaip de oiad said:

Starting to get antsy. I know it's an RSD first, but I really want that Steeler with Yngwie Malmsteen. It's only 1500 pressed on red. Hasn't had a pressing since it was released i think. 1982?...Starting to look like this one escapes me. Oh well. I really want this so I guess I'll have to wait fir that one to be released as a regular release

If you wait around on Discogs on rsd you're bound to find some record stores putting it up - even at reasonable prices. But you'd need to act quickly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had success at Kaiju in Salisbury, MD. Kinda sad only 6 people were there for opening but I've heard from more than 1 store they only ordered what was requested and generally didn't order much this time.

Ā 

I got Kim Petras and Turnstile. Turnstile was $17 which was cool for a 12" I expected to be at least $25 or more. Kim was $38 for a 1xLP and her signing to a major label continues to be the best and worst decision she's ever made for several reasons including and excluding vinyl. However I wasn't surprised.

6 hours ago, porkdad said:

Couldnā€™t find Turnstile or Dead Eyes. Got Rilo Kiley. Tons of idiots and dickheads at the stores and prices were ass. A classic RSD experience šŸ«”

Tomorrow at 5am Pacific, we got you! CLICK HERE to go to our leftovers. They all go live at 5am Pacific on Saturday the 25th