36 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

But breakfast wasn't officially over yet. That's what really irritates me. I just don't understand cause it's all back there. It's all good to go. You're telling me the minute before it hits 10:30 it's just magically not accessible anymore? I just want my breakfast. It's the only good thing BK has. But I think that's even worse if it's "only good for a certain amount of time". Haha.

I'm amazed they're still in business honestly. Their food is gross. They just make an amazing croissant sandwich for some reason. Whatever, WaWa bagel and a red bull to the rescue.

Now to remodel this bathroom... 

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of fast food places throw out breakfast food 5-10 minutes beforehand; its all about watching the clock working at those places I imagine(at least it was for me).  Working at Subway in highschool, we would close the store 15-30 minutes early and one time someone pulled up so we ran to the back and they called the police because they were worried we were being robbed or something so the cops came and we just told them we didn't want to work and closed early and they left.

9 minutes ago, texan4life said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of fast food places throw out breakfast food 5-10 minutes beforehand; its all about watching the clock working at those places I imagine(at least it was for me).  Working at Subway in highschool, we would close the store 15-30 minutes early and one time someone pulled up so we ran to the back and they called the police because they were worried we were being robbed or something so the cops came and we just told them we didn't want to work and closed early and they left.

Hahaha what the fuck. 

Not to defend BK (I once screamed "You're all fucking worthless" at some Burger King employees...long story) but breakfast stuff requires a different grill setup than everything else. As much as it sucks (believe me, I've been there) don't be a dick about one minute. Didn't you ever work a shitty customer service job? Granted, I'm sure they were dicks about it too.

The "couldn't even graduate high school" stigma of fast food workers is bullshit. Don't be like that. Yes, a lot of morons work fast food. Hell, a lot of morons work everywhere. But a lot of people just need any job, immediately, and fast food is always hiring. Some people end up there because they can't do anything else. Some people end up there because life shits all of them and their dreams but they still gotta eat and pay bills.

27 minutes ago, texan4life said:

Shit, I have a good story along these lines but don't have time to tell it right now. I've also probably told it twice in this thread already.

I keep thinking about applying for fast food or pizza cause nothing else is hiring within a 30 min drive, then I have a panic attack just thinking of reentering the work force. I hate Colorado so much, everything reminds me of something bad that has happened here. I just want to work at a record store again but there is nothing but the shithead record store I quit in this town

I worked at a deli in high school and had some guy tell me he was a lawyer and he was going  to sue the store because I forgot to put bacon on his sandwich. This was after I had already made him a new sandwich to apologize. He left the store and came back fifteen minutes later to yell at me.

I looked up his name after he left and it turns out he was a patent attorney.

43 minutes ago, texan4life said:

Oh man, I want to hear it!  I have numerous subway stories haha

When I worked at Hollywood Video we would always close early. We were open until midnight but sometimes when it's 11:40 and you haven't had anyone in the store for 2 hours you say "Fuck it." Usually if it was slow but not dead I'd count out the registers early. Then if anyone was paying cash I'd just give them their shit for free. One time a dude lost his mind. He was FURIOUS that his rental was free. He was like "Well what if I want to save my free rental for another time?!" and I had to be like "Uhh...it's only valid for the next 5 minutes" Who gets mad at that?

As for the cops thinking we were being robbed:

One night my coworker bought 3 ounces of weed literally over the counter. Dude walked in, hands him a Kmart bag, takes money, walks out. I was like "Jesus fuck, dude. Give me a fucking heads up on that shit." So to make it up to me he said he'd go roll a five gram blunt in the office. He's up there for a few minutes and its dead so I go up and start counting out registers. He's on one end of the desk with 3ozs of weed, a scale, and a blunt wrap. There's a knock at the office door. I open it and it's a state trooper and this convo happens:

"Uhhhh...."

"You being robbed?"

"...no?"

"You sure?"

"Yes"

"Ok and you're safe?

"Y-yes..."

"Ok, have a nice night"

The way the office was he couldn't see the desk, but if he had take about five steps forward we would have gone to jail. I'm guessing he drove by, saw the store completely empty, and was bored.

28 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Gotta love customers who start with the "I'm a [blank]!" Nah bruh, right now you're just a customer.

My favorite was some woman trying to abuse EBT for nonqualifying items yelling "I'm friends with the mayor!"

I got "I'm friends with the owner, blah blah". People always expected a tow truck to show up as soon as they hung up, but that was rare. Our trucks didn't just sit around doing nothing, they worked all day. My favorite was "What am I paying for?" when it was an AAA call. You pay the same amount as one of our tows for a year membership that gets you 4. Chill out, 45 minutes is nothing. I also refused to send people flatbeds unless their car had to have them, since people thought they would cause less damage. Well we had 1/4 as many as wheel lifts, so you're getting the truck that works for your car.

It was a weird job, tons of crazy stuff happened. Driver's getting drunk and people calling to complain, our driver's getting robbed at night, and one time our driver was out changing a tire and a freak accident happened and the person's car he was working on was hit and killed instantly by their own car. That was bad.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic