The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

If someone is touching YOUR records in a way you dont like then you can cringe.

If someone you dont know is touching their own records that you will literally never even see in person in your entire life in a way that you dont like then there is no reason to cringe or even say anything about it.

My thumb and the rest of my fingers on the back are pushed against the dead wax. Kind of hard to take a picture like that without another pair of hands. I always try to steer clear of touching any grooves. Take your vinyl eliteness somewhere else.

I just checked the dictionary to be sure and somehow eliteness didn't show up under synonyms for common sense, so either they got it wrong, or you did :)

But on a serious note, I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, just poked fun at you for defending a not-so-good practice when there is a much better one and no reason for anyone to avoid it.

Daegor is almost right, but not really. Touching the grooves with clean hands won't damage a record, but it will leave residue that regular brushing won't get rid of. And even if it's only the run-in groove (which isn't the same as dead wax), the needle will pick all that stuff up and it will just build up there. If you aren't cleaning your needle regularly, it will not only effect how that record sounds, but how all your records sound.

Of course this is VC, even more, a mondo thread, so I guess comments on properly handling records and ensuring the longevity of as good a listening experience as possible are kind of out of place, I apologize.

If someone you dont know is touching their own records that you will literally never even see in person in your entire life in a way that you dont like then there is no reason to cringe or even say anything about it.

Again, I don't want to pick on justin per se, as I really don't think it's that big of an issue (though I also almost cannot believe how wrong it is to talk about that stuff here, apparently), but if you check just his trade feedback on VC, it seems there are many records of his that a lot of other people will see in person (and listen to) at some point in their lives.

That's why, while attacking someone because of it is shitty, talking about it shouldn't be, because the more people handle records properly, the better it is for everyone. Or is it just me?

CO-SIGNED. Thanks for the pictures custin_jole

I finally got around to getting some pictures of my MondoCon stuff. I'm not a super photographer so it's nothing special.

I think Shaun of the Dead turned out to be my favorite release but that 2001 variant is on a whole other level!

For not being a "super photographer" I think you killed it man! Great pictures/angles, better than anything I've personally been able to find on instagram! Thanks