Average $ spent on your vinyl.

I'm sure there's a thread about this somewhere, but... eh. I'll chip in.

I added a column to my Google doc a few years back, and use it to log purchases through the year. I clear it and start again on January 1st, every year. That being said... not counting shipping costs, I spent about $5,300 on vinyl in 2013. And $163 for this year, so far.

I may start logging how many albums I buy each year, but I currently don't. Right now I'm sitting at 655 albums. 705 if you count variants, and 772 releases if you include 7"s. Not as impressive as some folks on this board, but as someone who's constantly pruning my library and holding onto the essentials, I'm happy with it.

Discogs says my collection is valued between 1000 bucks and 1600 bucks with 56 slabs o wax (be them LPs, or EPs, or singles)

I got sucked into the hype of limited edition coloured records early on.

Discogs value bugs me because a fair amount of my rarer records have never been sold on there. Probably at least 10 of them.

But it's the easiest way for me to guess.

I'm going to guess that I spent less than it's worth, but one never knows. 

Also, you should get it out of your heads early on that it's "worth" such and such amount. The amount of time it would take you sell it for what it's "worth," you'll probably just have a garage sale in a few years and take $5 a record.