DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Important bump.  After revisiting this record today, I'm both pleased and disgusted that even after half a year, I can't hear Phantom Bride without picturing that fucking goober vape his heart out on Instagram.  Sometimes I hate this board.

HAHAHAHAHA holy crap, I was listening to this album 2 weeks ago And had the SAME thought. I was wondering if anyone else remembered that. I wonder what Vape guy is Doing now. Which albums he's vaping to now. 

You can probably see it happening  on his instagram.

I haven't listened to this album in a good long while. I think I need to again soon. I never had any issue with it. There was a track or two that weren't as killer as the others but I felt it was an excellent album. I gotta say "Phantom Bride" is one of the weaker ones for me and really not because of that goober at all. Just because.

Edited by mcpherson123

I put my CDs of this, White Pony, and s/t in my car for the entirety of last week and didn't listen to this once, but listened to the other two multiple times each haha. Not a bad album by any means but it's easily overshadowed by everything else they've done in the last 16 years. 

• 4 months later...
On 10/4/2016 at 4:39 PM, highfives said:

Agreed.  The mix and the vocal effects really detract from the songs.

I think the mix is over the top. I think Deftones would sound really good with a more natural sounding production but if you read articles on the way the producer set up the session for mixing its like fucking rocket science. Deftones have never really had a super organic sound on most records and it sort of suits them. However, I think it would be cool if songs like "Prayers/Triangles" had a more robust, natural 80's production sort of like some of the Cure records of the mid to late 80's.

Some people complained about the vocal filters but I think the suit the performances awesomely.