Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

I think what had me irritated was someone was comparing it to Coldplay, which is fucking ridiculous. If anyone doesn't like it thats perfectly fine.I know the first time Ive heard many Radiohead tunes I was underwhelmed but in time they've become classics to me. Burn the witch literally sounds like classic Radiohead to me which has me extremely thrilled to hear more

32 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Oh of course. Agreed. I plan to. I was just in here to play devil's advocate because no one was saying anything remotely negative and I didn't think it was a perfect track. Wanted to get a conversation going (ideally about the history of the song) more than an argument but on VC that can be near impossible. 

First time I heard King of Limbs, I liked it, but it didn't totally click with me. Then I saw the "In the Basement" version, and I was hooked. I think there is some seriously cool shit happening in the arrangement. Really looking forward to seeing the Basement version now so I can see how they pulled off some of these sounds. And, of course, how this song fits into the flow of the record. I'm not a die hard Radiohead fan, but usually whatever single they put out is my least favorite track on the album. If this ends up being my least favorite song on the record, then I'm in for treat. 

10 minutes ago, jack8urt0n said:

First time I heard King of Limbs, I liked it, but it didn't totally click with me. Then I saw the "In the Basement" version, and I was hooked. I think there is some seriously cool shit happening in the arrangement. Really looking forward to seeing the Basement version now so I can see how they pulled off some of these sounds. And, of course, how this song fits into the flow of the record. I'm not a die hard Radiohead fan, but usually whatever single they put out is my least favorite track on the album. If this ends up being my least favorite song on the record, then I'm in for treat. 

What makes you so sure they will even do another Live From The Basement?

Personally, I didn't care for King of Limbs for the same reason I didn't care for The Eraser.  I don't particularly care for electronic music....King of Limbs didn't have enough guitar driven tracks and the drums all sounded like they were electronic.    Just not a record I enjoyed at all. 

Stoked that this sounds more like Spectre or Spector (however it's spelled)

It's blowing my mind that people think TKOL is lifeless sounding. I think it has one of the most immediately recognizable textures of any album, like ever. And there were two drummers on it! But ya know, opinions. 

Didn't love the new song upon first listen, then I went home and listened to it on my main setup and that immediately changed. Crazy composition with the strings, love the subtle changes in mood from part to part, rather than standard verse/chorus/verse shit. Getting some heavy Jonny Greenwood soundtrack vibes. Stoked.