Sigur Ros - 4 new LP's limited to 100 each ... just shoot me now ...

On 4/30/2018 at 3:50 PM, batman said:

Arrived today! Weird sleeve choice with the open back, and all 4 have minor seam-splits, but happy to have em! 

I honestly don't understand why, if they weren't going to come sealed in the first place, the records weren't removed from the outer sleeves before shipping.  I got 3 of the 4, and all 3 have bad seam splits.  Just careless.

5 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Like why do you even post here? Just lurk if you need to find things to flip to fill some void in your life. You add literally NOTHING to this message board. 

I wouldn’t say nothing.  His obsession with all things rectal can be somewhat fascinating at times.

22 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Like why do you even post here? Just lurk if you need to find things to flip to fill some void in your life. You add literally NOTHING to this message board. 

I guess someone thinks I add something.  Over 500 likes, I mean clearly I'm not as popular as you, but we can't all sit at the cool table.

Ben is ok at contributing, at least in the threads I’m interested in, but I don’t understand why he sometimes has to post such dickish responses like the one above (the Trying to...? one).

I don’t mind that he flips, who knows how many lurkers do without contributing a single piece of useful information, it’s really just the jerkish, sarcastic, “Who, me?!” reactions that bother me. 

58 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Ben is ok at contributing, at least in the threads I’m interested in, but I don’t understand why he sometimes has to post such dickish responses like the one above (the Trying to...? one).

I don’t mind that he flips, who knows how many lurkers do without contributing a single piece of useful information, it’s really just the jerkish, sarcastic, “Who, me?!” reactions that bother me. 

Yeah,there are for sure at least five or six other users I like less than Ben. He might not even be in my bottom ten.

3 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

Am I not allowed a Dickish response to someone who told me to kill myself?

8 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

I don’t think either of you was being a gentlemen, but the hostility towards you isn’t isolated to this single member in this single thread, it’s all over this message board, so the most obvious pattern I see is you.

I think some of the stuff people have said to you is pretty crass and other things just silly or amusing but they’re usually in response to things you’ve said or done and you don’t take the high road very often.

I’m not trying to be holier-than-thou and I’m sure I’ve made a remark or two about you myself over the years but, again, you have to ask yourself: are these people saying these things to me for no reason or am I providing justification?

As I’ve said both here and other threads, I actually like having you around, you post some good info in the Mondo threads and elsewhere and I do find some of your replies to things amusing but sometimes it’s like you’re being an ass just to rile people up and I don’t think that’s cool. 

Flipping records is a morally neutral proposition (though I know the vast majority here don't "like" it, including myself). The flipper does incur some risk.

However, the idea of buying something you have no intent  of listening to/or liking, and true fans miss out by a few minutes, ending up with the decision to pay multiples or go without, just has never set well with my conscience. And I know people lurk here for information to make their bets. I have bought a spare copy at times for fellow collectors (sometimes getting stuck with a spare), and also have bought things I ended up not liking and selling preferentially to people I know truly missed out and will not flip.

But to actually post here on a largely hobbyist site with a boastful spirit about flipping... you have to expect some flack (seems like ben has an asbestos suit)  and speculations of greed and small penis  syndrome.

Edited by drds89

On 5/12/2018 at 12:33 AM, stl_ben said:

Nah, it was pretty spot on. You’re the reason records go for what they do needlessly.

dont kill yourself, it’s excessive. Just go fuck your self.