SRC 2014 Subscription Vol 1

schomin

i also have zero problems with SRC. i think people mostly question or denounce their standing as a "label" and get miffed at their high prices, the latter of which is understandable but hardly avoidable these days. considering the got say anything's IDOTG pressed (and accidentally sent me one of each variant) i can't really complain.

it really is all about clearance, though.

also, $10 says deja also gets an "unlimited black" pressing. that thread will be an absolute shit show

I mean, if I had $300+ to drop comfortably, I'd probably swing it on the chance of Deja being their first release for 2014. 

Unfortunately, that is very far from the case and I'm just crossing my fingers that a.) if Deja is released it is handled better than TDAGARIM b.) there are enough copies to go around so I'm able to nab a copy c.) I just want the option to cry to Play Crack The Sky in every format possible, is that so much to ask?

I guess I'm the only one that does have a problem with SRC then, from the fact that they don't communicate with the bands whose albums they license (see Hum) to the fact that they somehow get stock of Record Store Day releases every year and put them up for sale online on Record Store Day, to the fact that they sold copies of their TDAGARIM variant on Amazon for $10 extra after they "sold out", to the fact that they put up preorders for albums before labels even announce releases just so they can be the first in line to take your money (several labels have called them on this), to the whole SRC subscription deal from earlier this year where in exchange for paying well above regular price for a bundle of 6 or so unrelated releases, you got some assorted trivial bullshit like 24 hour exclusive access to preorders and a fucking obi strip. They're in it for the money, mining the music underground for its vast deposits of weak-willed nerds who care more about getting their high school CD collection on vinyl than they do about who's behind it all and what their ethics are.

I guess I'm the only one that does have a problem with SRC then, from the fact that they don't communicate with the bands whose albums they license (see Hum) to the fact that they somehow get stock of Record Store Day releases every year and put them up for sale online on Record Store Day, to the fact that they sold copies of their TDAGARIM variant on Amazon for $10 extra after they "sold out", to the fact that they put up preorders for albums before labels even announce releases just so they can be the first in line to take your money (several labels have called them on this), to the whole SRC subscription deal from earlier this year where in exchange for paying well above regular price for a bundle of 6 or so unrelated releases, you got some assorted trivial bullshit like 24 hour exclusive access to preorders and a fucking obi strip. They're in it for the money, mining the music underground for its vast deposits of weak-willed nerds who care more about getting their high school CD collection on vinyl than they do about who's behind it all and what their ethics are.

couldnt have said it better. not to mention when the brand new PO went up they said they were getting red, then people ordered and they changed it up completely without telling anybody, then after people got their records they magically got red copies and put those up for sale. 

not to mention how shady they are with things like.....making something seem like its a warehouse find and to GET IT QUICK! then it turns out its a whole new pressing.. ie saves the day, stay what you are. 

yes, everything they put out is pretty quality, but also very expensive, and the way they do things is just fucking shady. i just choose not to support it. 

couldnt have said it better. not to mention when the brand new PO went up they said they were getting red, then people ordered and they changed it up completely without telling anybody, then after people got their records they magically got red copies and put those up for sale.

not to mention how shady they are with things like.....making something seem like its a warehouse find and to GET IT QUICK! then it turns out its a whole new pressing.. ie saves the day, stay what you are.

yes, everything they put out is pretty quality, but also very expensive, and the way they do things is just fucking shady. i just choose not to support it.

You my friend are completely insane! Congrats

Just gonna say that Hum and I think Sum41? aside, you're very wrong about this.

Jonah and Far knew about the pressings and approved the product.

Walter and Quicksand had input on both Slip and Manic Compression, and helped out with both releases. I spoke with them on tour and they laughed at any "shady" bullshit that people were trying to spread. They were even selling copies given to them by SRC on the tour.

Walter personally worked alongside SRC for Rival School's Found and the band worked very close for the United By Fate repressing.

As much as 6131 would like you to believe the opposite, Peter of Handsome knew about SRC and their pressing of the record. He's even been promoting it himself on Facebook.

I, for one, am glad to finally own YPAA. I'd rather that over sitting in front of my computer trying to get in quick to buy damaged copies.

Was there a 2013 subscription? And if so, what releases ended up being on it?

Was it worth it retrospectively?

Or is this the first time SRC is doing a sub like this?

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/SRC-Vinyl-Subscription-%252d-2013-Series-%231.html

Seemed worth it, but I'd rather just pick and choice which ones I'd like 

Serious LOLZ at the folks who think their releases are just "kinda pricey."

I struggle to think of another company out there ripping off so many collectors at such a quick pace.

Act quick: I hear that this year's sub will come with a FIVE mil poly sleeve!

Support labels that give back to a community, release original music, and offer it at a reasonable price. There are TONS to choose from! Besides, as it has already been said, all of these $RC releases are easily found down the road at a fraction of the price through other avenues.

Serious LOLZ at the folks who think their releases are just "kinda pricey."

I struggle to think of another company out there ripping off so many collectors at such a quick pace.

Act quick: I hear that this year's sub will come with a FIVE mil poly sleeve!

Support labels that give back to a community, release original music, and offer it at a reasonable price. There are TONS to choose from! Besides, as it has already been said, all of these $RC releases are easily found down the road at a fraction of the price through other avenues.

AMEN yeezus

You my friend are completely insane! Congrats

What did he say that was wrong or "completely insane"?

Whats with all the people saying the price of this is worth it if it has Deja in it? You can get an original Deja for less than this. Also, I tend to agree with Juan. Remember when everyone thought that the Rival Schools release they did this year was going to be something huge when they were hyping it, and then everyone was all let down that it ended up being Rival Schools?

And why wouldnt Triple Crown put it out themselves? Why would they pass on the other gold mine they are sitting on?

Edited: Removed section where I confused TCR with something Iodine did.