DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

I feel and share everything you've said, Derek. My attention diminished a little bid on side C, but the last three tracks brought me back in. I'm at work listening to the CD for the fifth time today and I can say that there is not a real weak spot on here, for me anyways. I love the underlying atmosphere of the album, that I can say for certain.

Nice. I think I could've done 2-3 listens yesterday but I'm definitely trying to pace myself since I'm a bit weird with "burst listens" with new albums. But I'm eager to start my morning off with it in just a few minutes, over here. I should try paying attention to the track titles to see exactly what's clicking.

Nothing really standing out to me on the first listen as something I'd want to revisit besides prayers/triangles. But I will anyway because a lot of times the albums that grow on me end up being my most loved albums. Kind of lacks the intensity and edgy/creepy feeling I get (and like) from White Pony, Around The Fur, etc.

I love you are comparing this to 5 LPs earlier and are somehow disappointed. Not a surprise

I feel and share everything you've said, Derek. My attention diminished a little bid on side C, but the last three tracks brought me back in. I'm at work listening to the CD for the fifth time today and I can say that there is not a real weak spot on here, for me anyways. I love the underlying atmosphere of the album, that I can say for certain.

I only had time to listen to this once yesterday and the D side really stood out to me as well.  Little bits of the album caught me ear the entire listen, but those last three songs really grabbed me.  I think this one is going to take me a handful of listens to fully digest.

First listen through I felt a bit disappointed, but after giving a few more tries I definitely like it a lot more. Not their best, but certainly not their worst (Self-Titled is a low point in my books) Phantom Bride is great!

What I will say is that I've been listening to the Amazon Auto-Rip of this and there is some pretty bad clipping in places, mostly around the drums, so that's pretty disappointing! My retail copy is waiting at home for me so I'll be interested to see if there's a clear difference when I spin it over the weekend.

Uh holy shit they added new stuff to the remasters? Im just now listening to the ones I bought but so far Pink Maggit has some kind of doctor talking at the end? Other people are saying Hole in the Earth is different too.

All of these sound great so far and im hearing a lot of stuff ive never picked up before.

Edit: Passenger has a new vocal segment at the end too. So good!

Apparently some of the tracks available in the remastered albums are different mixes, mostly with some extra vocal parts here and there. However, instead of being more dynamic, they are louder.

Why does someone keep changing the title?

Seriously? What do you people want? 

I changed it once so we could just keep talking Deftones and hangout. My bad. I changed it back since people were complaining, since its no longer a preorder I put "Out Now". Now people are complaining again.

If everyone wants to vote on a title Ill leave it.

Seriously? What do you people want? 

I changed it once so we could just keep talking Deftones and hangout. My bad. I changed it back since people were complaining, since its no longer a preorder I put "Out Now". Now people are complaining again.

If everyone wants to vote on a title Ill leave it.

Haters gonna hate... I think its fine the way it is considering it's out now.

I don't think I've been outside a record store before it opened aside from RSD before today.

No DL code. Surprisingly thin vinyl. $27 - on sale! ...

I've got some right channel fuzz on side b and c as well. Should've ordered the EU black.

Doubt this is any different than the cd master. Loud as fuck.