Jump to content
justin_cole12

PO Now! Underoath - “Erase Me” (Out April 6th)

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, ajborneman said:

Pretty sure these are just the copies Hot Topic couldn't sell

Good call. I just bought some leftover copies of State Champs' Around The World and Back and Man Overboard's Before We Met from MerchNow. They were originally exclusive to Hot Topic.

 

Just noticed that there are still copies available on hottopic.com too.

Edited by ckraus333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deluxe edition out 8/2/2019. From what it sounds like, digital only but who knows. New song "Loneliness" is streaming now. There will be another new song called "Another Life" along with acoustic tracks and a remix.

 

Pre-save here: https://www.toneden.io/underoath-3/post/erase-me-deluxe-edition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Nateisgame said:

Lame it’s just the Target bonus tracks.. but interested in the acoustic songs

I went to their first official acoustic show in Lancaster and we were totally ripped off and they only played 4 songs for a headlining club show. A Scent Like Wolves and Carousel Kings played more songs than them and they opened. Underoath's songs were good tho. They played Reinventing Your Exit, Rature, ihateit, and A Boy Brushed In Red so I'd expect at least the 2 off Erase Me.

Edited by N8TRU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

I went to their first official acoustic show in Lancaster and we were totally ripped off and they only played 4 songs for a headlining club show. A Scent Like Wolves and Carousel Kings played more songs than them and they opened. Underoath's songs were good tho. They played Reinventing Your Exit, Rature, ihateit, and A Boy Brushed In Red so I'd expect at least the 2 off Erase Me.

How do you headline and play only 4 songs? Did they switch to electric after those 4? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

How do you headline and play only 4 songs? Did they switch to electric after those 4? 

Nope. Advertised as an acoustic set but no one knew it would be so short and the crowd was definitely disappointed. A group of us drove 3 hours for that and that's the only time I've ever seen Underoath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fucking loved this band back in the day and I just wanna express my complete disappointment at what they’ve become.

 

i even liked erase me when it came out. But fuck, this is a shame.

 

can we get some anniversary tours for lost and disambiguation so we can pretend they aren’t touring with nu metal bands and peddling 4 song acoustic shows people drive 3 hours for 🙄

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

I fucking loved this band back in the day and I just wanna express my complete disappointment at what they’ve become.

 

i even liked erase me when it came out. But fuck, this is a shame.

 

can we get some anniversary tours for lost and disambiguation so we can pretend they aren’t touring with nu metal bands and peddling 4 song acoustic shows people drive 3 hours for 🙄

Honestly, I think they're only in it for the money now. I know that's a generic and overused statement for bands that people grow to dislike but the fact their headliner with DGD was $55 a ticket for standing room only in Philly and didn't even sell out said enough to me. Still haven't seen them full band and probably won't. I mean, Tim's coffee company charges $17 for a 12oz bag at the cheapest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

The album probably did better than we all think.  I'd bet for every person who disliked it there were five people who had the opposite reaction.  

i mean can you even base that conjecture on anecdote? or observation (for example: "looks like they've been picking up new fans from it")?  
i've run into a few strident defenders of the record on the internet (to be clear, not ppl who are just defending the band/the right of artists to sling crap at the wall, but who dig the album)
but literally everyone i know personally in my circles (lets say like 3 dozen ppl, ages ~18-45) who have at one point been fans of the 'Oath were pretty put off by it and worse. which may skew heavy towards the dislike side, but certainly nothing to suggest 80% of ppl hearing the album liking it...

Edited by copelandkid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, copelandkid said:

i mean can you even base that conjecture on anecdote? or observation (for example: "looks like they've been picking up new fans from it")  
i've run into a few strident defenders of the record on the internet (to be clear, not ppl who are just defending the band/the right of artists to sling crap at the wall, but who dig the album)
but literally everyone i know personally in my circles (lets say like 3 dozen ppl, ages ~18-45) who have at one point been fans of the 'Oath were pretty put off by it and worse. which may skew heavy towards the dislike side, but certainly nothing to suggest 80% of ppl hearing the album liking it...

It's all conjecture.  I'm just saying it's far more probable you'll hear from the dissenters than the people who liked it.  It's just a general trait of people to invest time in complaining as opposed to taking the time to express a positive opinion.   A quick scan of Spotify's top streams shows 3 of their top 10 are from Erase Me and another two are random one-off singles they did with other artists in 2018 & 2019.  Again, there's really no way to know but I suspect their recent output has been an overall positive move/net gain for the band. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, copelandkid said:

i mean can you even base that conjecture on anecdote? or observation (for example: "looks like they've been picking up new fans from it")?  
i've run into a few strident defenders of the record on the internet (to be clear, not ppl who are just defending the band/the right of artists to sling crap at the wall, but who dig the album)
but literally everyone i know personally in my circles (lets say like 3 dozen ppl, ages ~18-45) who have at one point been fans of the 'Oath were pretty put off by it and worse. which may skew heavy towards the dislike side, but certainly nothing to suggest 80% of ppl hearing the album liking it...

LOL at knowing ~36 people IRL who care about underoath. i would have to reevaluate my relationships if that ever happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jrodan said:

LOL at knowing ~36 people IRL who care about underoath. i would have to reevaluate my relationships if that ever happened.

loooll fair, but it's honestly more "cared," not "care." especially after that trash fire of an album. 

perhaps you don't know many lapsed/recovered 2000s youth group or "scene" kids, but that band was ubiquitous in both circles for close to a decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×