Official Record Store Day Thread

7 hours ago, pizza face said:

It would appear this way. My girlfriend's sister hit me up yesterday to look for something and then her friend texted my gf asking when the local shops open.Ā 

Ā 

Also judging by the insane line that I just got into, Swift fans are definitely under the impression that she is releasing something.Ā 

Ā 

Usually I'm like 20th in line at the location I'm at but I'm probably 50-60th. Kinda crazy but I'm remaining hopeful I get what I wantĀ 

There was a RSD note on a postcard from her and most shops only got a handful. It was announced as a last minute surprise. At my local store you had to buy the new album in order to get one, so I guess the majority decided to wait until today.Ā 

Edited by akamu

in line at 7, checked out at 11. with the stacks people were carrying out i thought most of what i wanted would be gone so i put down some records as backup options, turns out 90% of what i put down was still available, the store was kind of annoyed that i only took four or the 14 records.

got team sleep, tricky, the spawn ost and the filter best of. sonic youth and the tragically hip didnā€™t arrive in time, im hoping i get a call back when they come in.

Wow. That was nuts. I live in small town outside of OKC, and go to the same local shop about 45min away. Typically, if nothing is super rare on the list that I want, I can get there around 9-9:30 ,before they open at 10, and be the 30-40th person in line. This morning I got there at 9:15 and was maybe the 100-120th personā€¦šŸ˜³

Ā 

missed out on Collective Soul and Duncan Sheik, but grabbed Blessid Union of Souls and Team Sleep.Ā 

Interesting to see everyone had long lines. I was also surprised I got the 2 I wanted (Chase Atlantic and South Park). Also picked up Bebe Rexha. The owner said there wasn't 1 big item bringing people out but the first people in line were there at 12:30am. I would never. One guy brought a literal leather recliner. Go to Kaiju Records on Instagram and you'll see. The most popular items gone before I got in were Sabrina Carpenter, Noah Kahan/Olivia Rodrigo, Pearl Jam, Death Cab, and a K-pop artist I'm unfamiliar with.

5 minutes ago, Deathbyart said:

Assume you fine folks will start putting up links when they're available?Ā 

Hunting for Team Sleep and Horse the Band.Ā 

Saw a bunch of HtB at Music Millenium earlier if you happen to be in Portland.

Ā 

Missed out on Team Sleep (as expected) and Gandalf (kind of unexpected).

7 hours ago, Prestonlanes said:

Anyone see what those Black Breath boxsets are going for?

The only thing Iā€™m kinda interested in. Ā From what Iā€™ve found searching the old web, it looks like shops are charging between $125.99 - $139.99. Ā I could probably piece together their discography for less, but I am a sucker for a nice presentationā€¦

31 minutes ago, ximperfectx said:

I'm on the look out for a copy of Wallows' Nothing Happens 2xLP. If anyone knows of a store that's puts it online and ships to Australia, I'd be extremely grateful for the heads up.

Ā 

Thanks in advance.

We'll have this for you. No problem shipping worldwide. www.1234gorecords.shop