Saosin - Translating The Name (A "Dark Mode" Theme Appreciation Thread)

11 minutes ago, Look_mexico said:

This is crazy!  I would have bought the hand pour, likely cheaper and more limited than the blue one that I still haven't received. Maybe there's time to cancel. 

ETR is a garbage company run by a shifty dude.

Edit to add: if you're doing a handpour why would you choose black/white marble?

Edited by TheGhostOfRandySavage

1 hour ago, [Banned User] said:

Need a Saosin ST repress and would actually like to have In Search of Solid Ground eventually.

I listened to ISOSG not long ago for the first time since probably the year it came out and holy shit do I appreciate it so much more now.  It’s not that I didn’t like it when it first came out, it just wasn’t very memorable to me at the time.  Definitely aged like fine wine though. 

These motherfuckers. Ordered iridescent blue months ago when it showed more became available. Today finally received the record and it’s the metallic silver. Not happy. 😤

EDIT: OK, I take it all back as I was apparently mistaken. This iridescent stuff is real. When I first glanced at the vinyl it looked silver/grey. When I actually took it out and had light reflect at different angles I could see it really is the iridescent blue. Pretty cool stuff. I wonder if I’m the only one who mistakenly thought it was the wrong variant. 

Edited by twatay
My initial impression was wrong

1 hour ago, twatay said:

These motherfuckers. Ordered iridescent blue months ago when it showed more became available. Today finally received the record and it’s the metallic silver. Not happy. 😤

EDIT: OK, I take it all back as I was apparently mistaken. This iridescent stuff is real. When I first glanced at the vinyl it looked silver/grey. When I actually took it out and had light reflect at different angles I could see it really is the iridescent blue. Pretty cool stuff. I wonder if I’m the only one who mistakenly thought it was the wrong variant. 

I think a lot of people are experiencing this. The mock-up being bright blue is not helping. They should update the image to the real things to help people, and I'm sure ease up on their customer service. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, tokimedo said:

It’s apparently $250 (according to the guy who is making the jackets)  🤣😂

classic ETR fuckery 

I normally wouldn't believe it but this time I do simply because Ampsock and ETR won't tell us the price in advance, haven't answered comments asking, and didn't include it in the newsletter. Absolutely wild how much this already overpriced EP has been milked.