Is keeping a record sealed worth it?

I always remove the outer shrink wrap from new records, then use my laminator to encase the entire release - vinyl and all - to ensure it stays in prestine condition.

I then use Lysol on an annual basis on each record to keep the laminate shiny and lemony fresh.

Recently, I've begun applying a small expiration date tag to each release's top-right corner so I know when said record will spoil and need to be discarded.

I highly recommend this ritual for any truly serious vinyl enthusiast.

Troll approved.

• 1 year later...

This guy is extreme in his version of the hobby, but I can respect it.  

Would you jump at the chance to have your vinylss sealed and stickered again?

http://www.discogs.com/user/saunders1215

I started collecting records about four years ago. I don't collect them so I can spin or scratch. I'm not a DJ. I like the beauty of music on vinyl. The inserts, the records, and the sleeves are like pieces of artwork. So many people buy a record, open it, play it, and I'll bet if you asked some of them if they could have that same record again, still sealed in the cellophane, with the sticker on it they would jump at the chance. I have never played a record on a turntable or record player. I'm of the opinion that if I want to listen to music there are several other ways to do it in these days and age. I know some people would disagree with me and that's fine. I collect still sealed copies of the music that I grew up listening to. My dream is to have twenty five thousand records some day. Each time I get a record it goes directly into a resealable plastic sleeve. Some day I would like to own a Record Store in Brooklyn, New York.

This guy is extreme in his version of the hobby, but I can respect it.

Would you jump at the chance to have your vinylss sealed and stickered again?

http://www.discogs.com/user/saunders1215

I started collecting records about four years ago. I don't collect them so I can spin or scratch. I'm not a DJ. I like the beauty of music on vinyl. The inserts, the records, and the sleeves are like pieces of artwork. So many people buy a record, open it, play it, and I'll bet if you asked some of them if they could have that same record again, still sealed in the cellophane, with the sticker on it they would jump at the chance. I have never played a record on a turntable or record player. I'm of the opinion that if I want to listen to music there are several other ways to do it in these days and age. I know some people would disagree with me and that's fine. I collect still sealed copies of the music that I grew up listening to. My dream is to have twenty five thousand records some day. Each time I get a record it goes directly into a resealable plastic sleeve. Some day I would like to own a Record Store in Brooklyn, New York.

Wowwwwwwwww. Guy seems like a real turd.