Brand New - TDAGARIM repress in 11/4

futre

The Shins just make me happy.

i didn't feel great including them. i have to hear a few of their new songs at work, and i really wasn't a fan of the new album- so there is a little bit of sour. though i do quite like wincing the night away.

It took me a while with The National, but something clicked around Boxer and now I absolutely love them. 

You have to be in the right mood, and their music needs time to sink in, but I find myself going back to their records over and over. Similar to Leonard Cohen or Tom Waits. They won't "grab you" right away, but the burnout factor is low.

That said, Brand New is my outlier band. All my friends love The National and similar bands of that ilk, and BN is simply too "screamy" or "emo" for their tastes. Although "Jesus" brought a few of them around.

Fun (fun.) honestly sounds like a band invented by the creators of Glee. I assume their appeal is similar to Bruno Mars in that "Look at how hard we're TRYING up here!" way.

I've heard from a reliable source that Brand New is part of the lineup for the Boston Calling festival that gets announced tonight/tomorrow. The festival is Memorial Day weekend, so I'd expect some sort of US tour in the May/June area.

Here's the Boston Calling lineup:

Jack Johnson

Death Cab For Cutie

Modest Mouse

Additional Artist to be Announced

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

Brand New

The Head and the Heart

Tegan and Sara

Bastille

Jenny Lewis

Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls

The Neighbourhood

Phosphorescent

Built to Spill

Kurt Vile and The Violators

Walk off the Earth

Warpaint

Cass McCombs

Maximo Park

The Districts

TigermanWOAH!

Magic Man

• 3 weeks later...

My best friend and I are trying to go! Thats if we can get tickets..the Verizon Theatre is sweet too. I don't think there is standing room so mostly anywere you sit is going to be a great seat.

I convinced the girlfriend to come with me. We saw The Killers there last year and there was a GA standing section. I think for Brand New were gonna try for the lowest section of seats. Fingers crossed. I've never seen them before.