Universal will be reportedly upping prices on 600+ records 24%-80% starting January

Kanellos

I really, really hope this is a hoax.  Because other companies will follow suit.  And there is no way, I or the common man can pay these prices and own more than a couple of records.  Gonna give the truth a couple weeks to sort itself out, but it may be time to finally splurge on several albums on this list when the Christmas money rolls in (I had planned on buying Siamese Dream anyways).

Luckily, I'm mostly an indie (insert your genre here) junkie, and as long as their prices stay reasonable, I'll still have new shit to buy.

I wouldn't be surprised if its a "viral marketing hoax" to get stores to stock up to bolster earnings before the end of the business year... I mean look at how many people are freaking in this thread... store owners are probably following suit.

this...

i was going to post a similar idea. send this out to some of the major vinyl enthusiast forums/news sites, or hell, simply let reddit disseminate it more effectively still...  sit back and watch the shit-storm hype up thevinyls, while simultaneously watching sales pick up from those that believe it, as well as those that think 'well, this can't be true... but just in case, let me stock up on_____'  cause, c'mon really, those increases are completely unreasonable.

on side note, why is Guerolito still so readily available, while Guero is not? annoying....

This goes hand in hand with what I've seen recently...Newbury comics is selling Nirvana at 34.99 and Sublime at 39.99 or 49.99 (can't remember) but I was shocked. ..looking for what I need on this list before it happens. 

Only thing that pops out at me is Smashing Pumpkins and maybe Nirvana unplugged. 

If this is true, then I'm making one last purchase at ccmusic.com since the november promo code is still active

I mean, this is a natural progression. Everyone on this board has tripped over themselves to justify $20, $30, $40 reissues of the major label-owned music they listened to in high school. Plus, vinyl is like 1% of their sales volume, why shouldn't they push their luck a little?