PO : Mineral - One Day When We Are Young

gazzo

http://shop.officialmineral.com/?product=one-day-when-we-are-young-mineral-at-25-pre-order

MineralBook1.jpg

25th anniversary commemorative book with never before seen photos, collectible 10” record with 2 new songs (the first new music in 20 years!), in depth band history, and contributions from members of members of Jimmy Eat World, Get Up Kids, and more.

THIS IS A PRE-SALE. ITEM WILL SHIP ON OR BEFORE JAN 4TH

sadly enough I can't check out, cause it keeps asking for STATE in the checkout, when there is no state field to fill in when you order from Europe

anyone else? 

6 minutes ago, gazzo said:

sadly enough I can't check out, cause it keeps asking for STATE in the checkout, when there is no state field to fill in when you order from Europe

anyone else? 

I tried for Hungary, and there are the Hungarian states, so it would let me through. (And for Belgium there are no state option for me).

Also, big up for them and not trying to ruin their legacy by releasing a full album. cough Refused/ATDI etc. cough

Edited by xfactor675

2 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

I tried for Hungary, and there are the Hungarian states, so it would let me through. (And for Belgium there are no state option for me).

Also, big up for them and not trying to ruin their legacy by releasing a full album. cough Refused/ATDI etc. cough

A new album doesn’t change what they created before

They also announced a tour for "A chance to see them live one more time." So, no reason to assume there's gonna be a new record. Would be neat though.

1.9.2019 MIAMI, FL @ THE GROUND AT SPACE
1.10.2019 ORLANDO, FL @ THE SOCIAL
1.11.2019 TAMPA, FL @ THE ORPHEUM
1.12.2019 ATLANTA, GA @ THE MASQUERADE
1.16.2019 PHILADELPHIA, PA @ THEATER OF THE LIVING ARTS
1.17.2019 WASHINGTON, DC @ THE BLACK CAT
1.19.2019 BROOKLYN, NY @ ELSEWHERE
1.20.2019 BOSTON, MA @ BRIGHTON MUSIC HALL
1.23.2019 TORONTO, ON @ LEE'S PALACE
1.24.2019 CHICAGO, IL @ LINCOLN HALL
1.26.2019 ST. PAUL, MN @ TURF CLUB
1.30.2019 SAN FRANCISCO, CA @ GREAT AMERICAN MUSIC HALL
1.31.2019 SANTA ANA, CA @ THE CONSTELLATION ROOM
2.1.2019 SAN DIEGO, CA @ THE CASBAH
2.3.2019 LOS ANGELES, CA @ ECHOPLEX
2.14.2019 AUSTIN, TX @ THE MOHAWK
3.17.2019 TOKYO, JP @ HACHIOJI RIPS
3.18.2019 TOKYO, JP @ FEVER
3.19.2019 IWATA, JP @ FM STAGE
3.20.2019 NAGOYA, JP @ HUCK FINN
3.21.2019 KANAZAWA, JP @ PUDDLE / SOCIAL
3.22.2019 KYOTO, JP @ GROWLY
3.23.2019 OSAKA, JP @ CONPASS
5.23.2019 LONDON, UK @ THE DOME
5.24.2019 ANTWERP, BE @ TRIX
5.25.2019 COLOGNE, DE @ ARTHEATER
5.27.2019 HAMBURG, DE @ HAFENKLANG
5.28.2019 BERLIN, DE @ LIDO
5.29.2019 MUNICH, DE @ HANSA 39
5.30.2019 MILAN, IT @ CIRCOLO MAGNOLIA

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

You’re suggesting AF2 was pretty solid, right?  Especially for a reunion album?  If so I’m inclined to agree.

AF2 was good as a stand alone record and very good in the context of a reunion record. 

32 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

This Mineral track doesnt even sound like Mineral

instrumentally it sounds exactly like mineral. if that opening guitar line doesn't sound like mineral, then i dont know what does. his vocals on the other hand...that took me a few listens to get used to.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

You’re suggesting AF2 was pretty solid, right?  Especially for a reunion album?  If so I’m inclined to agree.

i was more saying i didn't find the new Mineral track to be very good, and that i wouldn't probably like an entire album written from the same headspace/in the same style.

i really loved AF2 (and goes without saying i love AF1 too).  they're very different albums that do different things, but they still mostly feel like they belong to the same band's discography. AF2 definitely challenges anyone who expected a return to those teenage feelings and the vaguely Cap'n Jazzy headspace of their particular brand of late 90s emo, but it feels like the band really wanted to make LP2 the way they made it and are trying to meet old fans halfway even in their experimentation.

the new Mineral single, in contrast, felt more like a middling tribute to Mineral made by some others guys (the very strikingly unfamiliar vocals sure didn't help there either). it felt to me like the song latched onto some of the superficial signifiers of the classic Mineral sound without really trying to take up the emotional and creative burden of the OG material.

aaaand that's my TED talk haha.

On 11/5/2018 at 5:26 PM, DecayToDeath said:

I'm not one to believe that comeback albums are capable of tarnishing a band's former legacy but AF2 in a vacuum spits in the face of anyone who might've been a fan of AF1

lmaooooooooooooooooo

I loved AF1 and I love AF2. I know a lot of people who feel similarly.  so much for your dumb theory