[PO] Deafheaven // Sunbather – 10 Year Remaster

1 hour ago, Sad Heart said:

I sold a rare(r) variant a long time ago and have been meaning to get this, so now is a perfect time. Grabbed the vertigo variant since it’s cool enough to justify $30 for. Probably gonna get that pocket tee later since it’s pretty rad, but can wait on that. 

I had the /300 one and sold it years ago when I needed money. I’ve always regretted it and never picked up another copy. Bummed I missed the DW variant though.

2 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

I had the /300 one and sold it years ago when I needed money. I’ve always regretted it and never picked up another copy. Bummed I missed the DW variant though.

Still available in the EU store if that’s an option:

https://deathwishinc.eu/collections/deafheaven/products/deafheaven-sunbather-10th-anniversary-remix-remaster

16 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Anyone know where that clear w/Pink blob and Black Splatter is? See it on DW homepage. Could be cool for the art as well.

Revolver Exclusive:

https://shop.revolvermag.com/products/deafheaven-sunbather-2lp-limited-edition-only-750-made-yellow-in-beer-pink-in-transparent-w-black-splatter-vinyl

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was hopping between the old tracks and the newly remastered tracks on Youtube. Can't say that I agree with that assessment (though clearly Youtube quality for tracks that were posted 10 years ago can be questionable). The only difference I was hearing is the new version sounds more polished. The old version has this static-ness over the music, almost like a lo-fi vibe. The remaster takes that away. (Sorry, not a seasoned music reviewer so that's the best way I can describe it.) Either way, not enough of a difference for a double dip on this one for me. Seems the few reviews that are posted on Discogs confirms the same; minimal difference to the OG press.