PO: Cartel- Chroma via ETR ON SALE TODAY at 4:24pm Est

i think ross tried, i do. i just think it's funny that this kinda stuff has happened before. i think he would've kept going on the third eye blind stuff if he wouldn't have gotten sued. i just think most of the bands he presses are high risk in the idea that most of them were on shitty labels that fucked them and they don't trust anyone anymore. 

i think ross tried, i do. i just think it's funny that this kinda stuff has happened before. i think he would've kept going on the third eye blind stuff if he wouldn't have gotten sued. i just think most of the bands he presses are high risk in the idea that most of them were on shitty labels that fucked them and they don't trust anyone anymore. 

wow, you are taking my side on something..potentially for the first time ever. 

Also, I was never at risk to get sued by 3eb, The band threatened the label that if they did not revoke our, already approved license that they would boycott those albums digitally and tell their fans to no longer support the major label owned catalog.Since my contract was already signed and approved, the label asked me for a favor & in good faith in agreeing to not move forward at that point. We already have audio remastered and artwork approved and ready to print. Legally and contractually I could have moved forward 2 years before their re-issues and they would have been even cheaper to the public.  I was just kind of in the middle of something which I was told by the label, the band already approved. 

I bought this. I can understand the band wanting to do it their way, but I mean from the looks of it Ross did a good job with this (I'm guessing it will sound good), offered them a variant, and even was willing to send them free copies after they basically tried to torpedo his pressing.

I appreciate the band for writing an awesome album. It sucks things couldn't be worked out on their end. They can always press their version if it works out for them to. I don't mind if they say they don't endorse and won't vouch for this pressing. That's well within their rights. On the other hand I also appreciate ETR for pressing this and finally being able to have a copy. I'd say the band should have probably privately reached out to Ross to see what was up before they started posting a bunch of stuff on twitter. Whoever posted on twitter should have talked to someone in their camp so they could actually have the facts before they went on a rant that had some untrue information included.

I feel for ETR on this one and have picked up the record regardless of what the band said. We had a similar situation with a Saint November release, ultimately we canned it but only because we didn't have much sunk into it at that point. If the wheels had been in motion we would have had to release it no matter what the band said otherwise it would have financially crippled us

Lol at Jason Tate on absolute punk

Respect the band. If I'm a label and the band is upset I'm selling and profiting off their music without their consent -- I'd pull the release and respect the artist.

That's just me, but I think the band's wishes are where I'll always default."

So ETR should just eat an entire pressing?

Tate is always a pompous douchebag on there. Some of the staff is cool but for the most part if you don't have a similar mentality, you are blasted

The dudes in cartel suck. Never really got into their music much just because they were another pop punk band at the time that there were plenty of other pop punk fish in the sea but I had a friend who worked merch for them when they were first starting though and they dicked him over really badly. Once they started getting more than 30 people at their shows they started acting like their shit didn't stink. I've had a few interactions with Ross via twitter talking bands/records/about ETR and he seems to be pretty cool. The dudes in Cartel are stupid pretentious twats. Based on what's happened I'm totally on Ross' side on this one. Also, where the hell is the band coming up with the money to do an "EPIC" 10th anniversary press? Have they made any money in the last 10 years?

Dammit. Woke up to this. Asking for a refund.

I had a bad feeling about it after ordering: hence the reason I questioned it. The whole "secret release" strategy. The band not positing about it. The band previously saying in an interview they wanted to do something deluxe for Chroma.

Sending request for refund now. Sorry Ross.

Tate is always a pompous douchebag on there. Some of the staff is cool but for the most part if you don't have a similar mentality, you are blasted

Totally agree. Jason Tate is a complete idiot. I've been a member on AP since 2003 but haven't posted over there since 2007 because I got so sick of his holier than thou attitude. It's like he goes into every news post and starts shit just for the sake of starting drama

I had a bad feeling about it after ordering: hence the reason I questioned it. The whole "secret release" strategy. The band not positing about it. The band previously saying in an interview they wanted to do something deluxe for Chroma.

Cartel did not seem to be concerned with putting out vinyl releases until there most recent record Collider since vinyl records are in demand again more than ever.

My read is that they are just sick of not getting as much money as they wish to get because they have planned to put it out next year.

As long as Ross licensed this from the original label, there is nothing to worry about.

Moreover, I am very happy to buy the LP alone and not in a bundle.

In the hardcore/punk scene, bootlegs without any permission have been floating around as well and no one cared. In this case, a licensed reissue is just not morally questionable.

Totally agree. Jason Tate is a complete idiot. I've been a member on AP since 2003 but haven't posted over there since 2007 because I got so sick of his holier than thou attitude. It's like he goes into every news post and starts shit just for the sake of starting drama

It seems like half of AP's comments = staff members these days. He does have an awful attitude sometimes. It's like he trolls threads to get post counts up. Listening to the AP podcast and hearing some of the stuff he says he seems crazy at times and a little out of touch.

For the record, I offered to make the band a tour or webstore variant and GIVE TO IT THEM AT COST, not wholesale...LABEL COST which although is pricey because it is a major label license...I still feel is more than fair.   I offered to give them full approval on everything and let me handle all the logistics with major label licensing. The manager has been VERY nice on the phone and email every time we have spoke so I am not sure who runs these accounts but someone is very bitter and handling this unprofessionally in my opinion.  I didn't have to reach out to the band at all & most labels who are doing this sort of thing rarely do. I have been a fan of the band for a decade and did the right thing by reaching out to multiple members of their camp. The fact that they are straight up denying knowing about this is messed up, especially when I informed them that I am obligated to make at least another 500 copies in the next couple years. Their manager very much understood and understands where I am coming from, as I understand that being a band who does not own your masters SUCKS which is why i offered to sell them copies or a variant AT COST from day one.  They were on board and then after the contract was signed with the label and the wheels were in motion , communication stopped so what am I supposed to do. Not to mention dozens of people on here, have been begging for a pressing of this for years & i know for a fact that another competing label already was in line for the license so I doubt the band would have been the first to release this regardless.

I'm team ETR on this one... props to you for keeping your composure in all this. You always do solid pressings and have been very helpful with any concerns/changes I've needed to make to an order. I feel like Cartel is just getting pissy because someone on their team (a manager or themselves) fucked this up.

I don't know you or Ross personally or know anything about your relationship, but in reading The Ransom thread and this thread it seems like every post you've made has taken a shot at him in some way. Don't know if that is your intent or not, but that's how it's come off to me. Just an observation.

Just be glad you can finally own and enjoy this.