ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

• 3 weeks later...

Just Surrender- If These Street Could Talk (10th Anniversary Re-issue) coming out tomorrow. 3 variants and 24 (LOL) test presses. 

http://enjoytheride.storenvy.com/products/14047722-just-surrender-if-these-street-could-talk-10th-anniversary-re-issue

Not a fan of the label but I'll be all over this. 

I've never heard of that band but my god that is some horrific artwork.

You're not missing anything.

Here's some jewels from the internet:

"It wouldn't make bad background music, but nobody's going to go out of their way for a band who sounds like Taking Back Sunday, when they can just listen to Taking Back Sunday."

"The album art makes me feel as if Mandy Moore is helping me ascend into heaven to ride around w/ Macaulay and his wheelchair."

And $26 ppd. for a single LP from ETR? I would literally rather burn my money.

You're not missing anything.

Here's some jewels from the internet:

"It wouldn't make bad background music, but nobody's going to go out of their way for a band who sounds like Taking Back Sunday, when they can just listen to Taking Back Sunday."

"The album art makes me feel as if Mandy Moore is helping me ascend into heaven to ride around w/ Macaulay and his wheelchair."

And $26 ppd. for a single LP from ETR? I would literally rather burn my money.

homer+burning+money.gif?format=1500w

i actually really love this record and my band from HS even played a few shows with just surrender back in the day, but i will not be supporting this release ( as much as i want it )

just makes me feel dirty if i do. Im ok with listening to this on my ipod and keeping that good feeling knowing im not supporting ETR. 

probably sounds like shit anyway. 

Guest Secular Haze

I quickly went to the link and saw "If these TREES could talk." As in, the band. I even messaged a friend on here about it. Man, I dumb.

Real question to those of you who do want this release - When was the last time you listened to or even thought of this band?  I'm not trying to knock you for liking it, I'm just more curious about if this is something that people have actively wanted for a while or if the release itself has caused the interest.

Real question to those of you who do want this release - When was the last time you listened to or even thought of this band?  I'm not trying to knock you for liking it, I'm just more curious about if this is something that people have actively wanted for a while or if the release itself has caused the interest.

I'm in the minority but I absolutely love this album. This record came out at a point in my life where I was going through a lot and helped me get through it so it's very special to me.

However, I can almost guarantee that there hasn't been a lot of interest for this. They were never a popular band at all and its not like they've gained popularity since they've disappeared.

As much as I personally love this record, I won't be buying it because of the obvious. Sucks ETR is the label releasing this and I wonder if the band even knows about it. If they don't, I feel bad for them because they're legit great dudes.

I'm in the minority but I absolutely love this album. This record came out at a point in my life where I was going through a lot and helped me get through it so it's very special to me.

However, I can almost guarantee that there hasn't been a lot of interest for this. They were never a popular band at all and its not like they've gained popularity since they've disappeared.

As much as I personally love this record, I won't be buying it because of the obvious. Sucks ETR is the label releasing this and I wonder if the band even knows about it. If they don't, I feel bad for them because they're legit great dudes.

This is exactly how I feel. I remember going to see them all the time when they came around here. Got a drumstick that I think I still have somewhere. I'd love to own this but not by ETR and not for the price.

just the other day actually. my wife and I both loved it.

as for ETR, I don't really care about all the drama. if they press something I want, i'll buy it. I don't have to like a company's owner or business tactics to buy their product. I fucking hate chick-fil-a, but I love their chicken sandwiches and go there all the time.