i made an indiegogo to replace my guitar that was stolen

I wouldn't normally do this but as the title says, my guitar was stolen and it meant a lot to me. I just moved and am barely scraping by. I don't expect this to work but if it does i'll be very happy. If it goes through i'll even write a song about VC. please help and spread the word.

https://life.indiegogo.com/fundraisers/get-me-a-new-guitar/x/10501420

Some dumbass ran into my car and totaled it. Insurance paid for part of a replacement, but now I have a car payment. I work full time every day to try and pay that damn thing off, so I can transport myself to and from work. You seriously want me to pay for your replacement guitar? C'mon kid.

I'm sorry your guitar was stolen and that it had sentimental value, but no.

I hope you get your guitar back.

This.  I really do feel bad that it got stolen, but no amount of money from strangers will help get the sentimental value back.  At this point you're just asking for money from other people to replace a guitar that will have no sentimental value.  It really does suck, but if I were you, I'd just do my best to save up on my own and get one when I could.  I know because it was just stolen you want to get one as soon as possible again, but if you can't afford one on your own at the moment, then it wouldn't hurt to wait and get one when it works out financially.

Shit sucks, but do what everyone else does: work and buy a new one.

This whole "donation" thing is getting ridiculous.

At least I'm not getting over 10k to make potato salad. I work as much as I can, but I go to school full time and can pretty much cover rent, food, Internet and bills. This is more of an act of desperation than it is entitlement. Playing shows with my friends at shitty dive bars every other weekend is pretty much the only thing I get to do right now where I can relax and have fun.

At least I'm not getting over 10k to make potato salad. I work as much as I can, but I go to school full time and can pretty much cover rent, food, Internet and bills. This is more of an act of desperation than it is entitlement. Playing shows with my friends at shitty dive bars every other weekend is pretty much the only thing I get to do right now where I can relax and have fun.

First post: Yeah you're on a record collecting forum while only being able to cover rent, food, Internet, and bills. Want some money? Sell some records.

Alternate post: You literally just said you need people to pay for a new guitar so you can relax and have fun. That is 100% entitlement.

I'm sorry this happened to you, but there are too many people actually fighting to survive that could use handouts before you do.

Guys my money is special to me, but every month the utility and bank take it from me for who knows what reason. I need to raise about $1100 to make up the deficit in my beloved money each month I pay for these bills!

I like how everyone jumps down this dude's throat about doing this, yet I got soooo much shit for saying it was stupid for Empire! Empire! to do pretty much the same thing...only for $10,000 for a van.

Carry on.

I don't really support bands who do this either.

You can mayyyyybe make an argument about livelihood vs hobbies, but stolen gear/broken vans are sort of par for the course if you choose to be a touring musician. Get insurance or stay home.

I do completely understand a dislike of when bands do this.  However, with a small band I don't really see the issue.  Recently my favorite band (Two Cow Garage) had all their shit stolen from their van in St. Louis.  A friend of theirs started a GoFundMe and they ended up raising almost $15,000 in a little over two days.  I have no regrets at all about giving them $100.  For me I guess my willingness to help fund something like this is how small the band is and if they would likely have the ability to replace the items in a relatively timely manner.

With the TCG deal it is pretty crazy that they raised that much in that short of a time but they have a rabid fan base.  Plus it probably helped boost numbers that it happened in St. Louis where bands getting their shit stolen is now commonplace.

Guys my money is special to me, but every month the utility and bank take it from me for who knows what reason. I need to raise about $1100 to make up the deficit in my beloved money each month I pay for these bills!

Eh, my money is in no way special to me, but that doesn't mean I'm going to give it some random guy who had his guitar stolen (allegedly) some of it help replace it.  On a scale of 1 to 10 determining how greatly the original poster needs my money he's sitting at a 0.