Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

@Halo 2 annoys me the same as many others have expressed, however i think a ban is overkill. can't we just ignore, ridicule, and berate him like normal? i agree with @stl_ben that it's ironic that the same users praising the new "burn the witch" track and video are gathering like a mob with their pitchforks calling for the total removal of an internet forum user. no one is forcing you to buy his overpriced records or even pay attention to him.

1 hour ago, WAXXX said:

@Halo 2 annoys me the same as many others have expressed, however i think a ban is overkill. can't we just ignore, ridicule, and berate him like normal? i agree with @stl_ben that it's ironic that the same users praising the new "burn the witch" track and video are gathering like a mob with their pitchforks calling for the total removal of an internet forum user. no one is forcing you to buy his overpriced records or even pay attention to him.

I don't know if he was banned or if he randomly decided to stop posting, but either way I'm pretty happy.  I know it's not really being discussed, but props to the administrator(s) who [have] stepped up to the plate and addressed this, if that is indeed what happened.

To everyone saying that the removal of his account will not effect his ability to hawk the forums and flip future releases: you are correct.  Unless they IP-ban all his connections to the internet, he can still lurk just fine.  But knowing how annoying it'd be to have no "last read post" option while also not having to deal with his idiotic bumps?  Minor victories in my books, and I'll gladly take them.  I will not miss the incessant bumping with info that's already been posted.  I can't see myself longing for his horseshit "stay positive and love one another fam" posts.  I'm already relieved that we'll be seeing less replies and threads centered around suburban white kid hip-hop.  And I'm thrilled that I will no longer see him post "wow, first time listening to this band and I'm in love" – followed by a blatantly overpriced Discogs listing a week later.  They're all quality-of-VC improvements and I saw absolutely no positive reasoning to let him contribute to the forums any longer.

It's not so much that we were clamoring to "burn the witch" for the hell of it.  Many folks found themselves frustrated with his shenanigans, and for good reason.  This was a matter of burn the fuckboy, and I personally have zero qualms offering a match in the front row.

Edited by Derek™
(Formatting fail.)

59 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

He also seemed to buy every record discussed here, which is weird.

I seriously always wondered about this too.  Like... He would always end up posting in threads about a release I was interested in so I started thinking "oh god we have the same tastes..."  But I also sometimes read random threads that I may not be interested in, but he would be all over them too.  I bet anyone would be hard pressed to find a topic he didn't reply to in the last few months.

2 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

I seriously always wondered about this too.  Like... He would always end up posting in threads about a release I was interested in so I started thinking "oh god we have the same tastes..."  But I also sometimes read random threads that I may not be interested in, but he would be all over them too.  I bet anyone would be hard pressed to find a topic he didn't reply to in the last few months.

Probably the most disgusting case of bandwagoning I've ever seen.  But to make matters worse, he wasn't doing it just for the cred™ – he's snag up anywhere between 1-3 copies, photograph one for Instagram, and proceed to flip them all immediately.  Zero positive impact to the forum.

8 hours ago, ejc625 said:

Those Radiohead reissues I ordered through Amazon have shipped already and are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. That's early. 

So I got further clarification from the people who run Vinyl Me Please in regards to these re-issues.   My understanding is that they have bought up the remaining stock of current Parlaphone pressings and will also be doing their on re-master using the original Parlaphone tapes.  Unfortunately, the "Parlaphone" stock they bought is likely the batch that is really Capitol pressings in disguise.   I'd check the matrix #'s when your Amazon package arrives.

The good news is that for those willing to remain patient, high quality, analog versions should be available sooner then later.  Which is why I'm gonna hold off on ordering Kid A from VMP even though I'll likely never get it at a better price.  Don't want to risk getting leftovers.

But please report back as it pertains to sound quality.

Edited by downisthenewup87

3 minutes ago, robes said:

I'd love to see XL eventually reissue some of their earlier EPs/singles on vinyl properly, instead of those awfully cheap looking reissues that Capitol did. 

Would kill to have the "Airbag/How Am I Driving" EP on one LP. 

Not to be redundant but I'd kill for a boxset of Radiohead b-sides.  There are literally hundreds of them to choose from.  They could do an initial run large enough for fans to obtain easily for 6 months or so but only do one pressing.  That way, it's still fairly collectible but you avoid the whole Halo 2 kind of situation. 

1 hour ago, downisthenewup87 said:

Not to be redundant but I'd kill for a boxset of Radiohead b-sides.  There are literally hundreds of them to choose from.  They could do an initial run large enough for fans to obtain easily for 6 months or so but only do one pressing.  That way, it's still fairly collectible but you avoid the whole Halo 2 kind of situation. 

Radiohead have been tremendously thoughtful of fans with their latest special editions of their last 3 albums. I'm sure since they now own their back catalogue they might do some of that. Or its wishful thinking for special edition box sets of all their albums.

29 minutes ago, untiliwakeup said:

Radiohead have been tremendously thoughtful of fans with their latest special editions of their last 3 albums. I'm sure since they now own their back catalogue they might do some of that. Or its wishful thinking for special edition box sets of all their albums.

They own their back catalogue now?  Pretty sure XL does?

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/04/radioheads-back-catalog-purchased-by-xl-recordings-report/

That said, 

In a statement to Consequence of Sound, a spokesperson for XL Recordings said, “This is the first step in the transfer of Radiohead’s back catalogue from Parlophone to XL. The main albums are being made available in their original form as a start, before non-LP material is reconfigured.

http://pitchfork.com/news/65489-radioheads-burn-the-witch-breached-copyright-animators-family-says/

Well, these people don't seem to understand the idea of 'inspiration taken from' instead of outright blatant plagiarism. Also Pitchfork sucks too since they started this whole deal by actually calling these folks. What a bunch of morons running that place. 

Yeah Shelbs, with Pitchfork and CoS being the main culprits, music journalism has certainly taken a nosedive into trying to get hits any way they can. It's so unbearable at points seeing them fill my FB timeline but they're the only ones that post the majority of actual relevant news about the bands I like. Makes me miss Hipster Runoff, which made fun of all of this.

Edited by Vector53