Photo Of Your Collection (All Of 'Em)

It feels like we used to have this thread, but all I can find anymore is the (band or label only) one or whatever it's called.

Here's mine. I actually have a solid number stuck in that closet as well, but I'm not about to drag them out of them our.

spacer.png

Edited by 75 percent oof

53 minutes ago, Shelby said:

spacer.png

I really need to prune like 50 records since I'm running out of space.

Damn and i thought i was running out of room on my 2x4. Thats cray. 

Is that Ikea too or something else? Want to upgrade but feel like going much higher gets to unsteady for my taste. 

12 hours ago, 75 percent oof said:

It feels like we used to have this thread, but all I can find anymore is the (band or label only) one or whatever it's called.

So glad this thread is getting a reset, always loved seeing peoples collections/setups. Always inspiring

9 hours ago, mitchard said:

spacer.png

Yeah, those 5x5s start filling up faster than you'd expect...

Damn! Classy as fuck. Me likey

5 hours ago, phelansegur said:

spacer.png

Have you always had your collection 'flip-through' style? How do you like it? That organization method has always intrigued me...

19 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Have you always had your collection 'flip-through' style? How do you like it? That organization method has always intrigued me...

I like this record store feeling and the possibility to always see the covers from the front ...

1 hour ago, angryalan said:

@mitchard Nice Broyhill Brasilia end table! I've got a Broyhill Emphasis cocktail table that I restored.

spacer.png

I've cut my collection in half the past couple of years. Helps pay for other hobbies (and the dog).

My neck would be killing lookin up at that tv all the time

3 minutes ago, crossedoutname said:

My neck would be killing lookin up at that tv all the time

I know. My living room is miniscule and this is the only wall where the TV can go. Not pictured on the other side is the theater-like recliner sofa. Shit is comfy.

I do plan to size down to a 2x4 Kallax and move the TV down quite a bit. One of many things on my to-do list.

57 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

37 minutes ago, phelansegur said:

I like this record store feeling and the possibility to always see the covers from the front ...

I just recently moved to flip through as well - I love it!
spacer.png

3 hours ago, angryalan said:

@mitchard Nice Broyhill Brasilia end table! I've got a Broyhill Emphasis cocktail table that I restored.

$15 pickup at a Habitat for Humanity store! I was pretty shocked to find one there... it was a pretty lucky find. 

The table top needs a bit of work, which I'll get around to eventually haha.

12 minutes ago, mike said:

Got these racks when all the Hastings were going out of business. I also have a fourth one that I use mostly for zines, but a couple of the drawers on that one have also been taken over by records... Front flip forever!

spacer.png

spacer.png

is that a complete collection of the little crimson ghost figures? I never realized there were so many!

14 hours ago, mitchard said:

spacer.png

Yeah, those 5x5s start filling up faster than you'd expect...

What’s the story with all the panels on the left wall?  Obviously I see the cohesive theme with them, but are they a reference to anything in particular?  Or tie into the bands in any way?  I feel like I’m completely missing something and my curiosity outweighs the risk of embarrassing myself with ignorance here.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

What’s the story with all the panels on the left wall?  Obviously I see the cohesive theme with them, but are they a reference to anything in particular?  Or tie into the bands in any way?  I feel like I’m completely missing something and my curiosity outweighs the risk of embarrassing myself with ignorance here.

They are all Swiss modernist style interpretations show flyers from the 70s-90s, done by an artist named Mike Joyce. He released a book called Swissted, which is 100% pull out posters of his artwork. You can also buy varying sizes of the prints from the book (and tons more that aren't in the book) directly from him.

https://a.co/d/gNGH6Sw

https://www.stereotypenyc.com/

1 hour ago, DecayToDeath said:

I keep the records in another room, turntable and stereo out in the main living room area. I've got a couple boxes' worth that I didn't bother dragging into the photo, they'll go into another Kallax next time I'm at IKEA.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Not to be that guy, but what’s your speaker placement situation? I’m curious cause it looks like it’s maybe tucked away in the corner? I love good speaker placement cause it’s (usually) free and can improve the sound of most systems with just a little tweaking. Awesome collection. How long have you been collecting? I’m guessing you have ~1,200? I love that all the boxes are up top. Plus all the Unwounds *chefs kiss*. 

2 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

Not to be that guy, but what’s your speaker placement situation? I’m curious cause it looks like it’s maybe tucked away in the corner? I love good speaker placement cause it’s (usually) free and can improve the sound of most systems with just a little tweaking. Awesome collection. How long have you been collecting? I’m guessing you have ~1,200? I love that all the boxes are up top. Plus all the Unwounds *chefs kiss*. 

I've been collecting since January 2014 (when I was 14 years old; I am now 23). If you were to count every box set by the individual albums they contain, and include the stuff that isn't in the photo, I estimate I've got a few shy of 2k. Unwound are one of my favorite bands, admittedly I double-dipped on a couple of the more recent pressings too.

As for the speakers, it's kind of a makeshift setup until I've got money set aside for new speakers (and/or better speaker stands than a couple of Uhaul boxes from when I moved into this place a few months back). They're triangulated to the center seat of my couch.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

I've been collecting since January 2014 (when I was 14 years old; I am now 23). If you were to count every box set by the individual albums they contain, and include the stuff that isn't in the photo, I estimate I've got a few shy of 2k. Unwound are one of my favorite bands, admittedly I double-dipped on a couple of the more recent pressings too.

As for the speakers, it's kind of a makeshift setup until I've got money set aside for new speakers (and/or better speaker stands than a couple of Uhaul boxes from when I moved into this place a few months back). They're triangulated to the center seat of my couch.

spacer.png

That’s rad that you have a killer collection after such a short amount of time. If 23yr old me has all those I’d never leave my house. Haha. 

I’ll suggest these stands: Monolith Stands — they’re on sale too. You can fill them with sand / cat litter or whatever and they’re perfect. 

2 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

That’s rad that you have a killer collection after such a short amount of time. If 23yr old me has all those I’d never leave my house. Haha. 

I’ll suggest these stands: Monolith Stands — they’re on sale too. You can fill them with sand / cat litter or whatever and they’re perfect. 

Help plz I need a sub or something to boost my low end what's cheap and good?