PO: Thursday - War All The Time (20th Anniversary Edition)

Rip

I'd rather buy directly from the band myself, but this reissue was a complete surprise, without any info, anouncement or whatsoever. 

The band, however, posted this on Facebook yesterday:

"We had a number of people (last night) asking about the WATT re-issue that appeared on Friday! We had no idea it was being reissued and have not seen the artwork nor heard the remaster. It caught us by complete surprise. Yo Universal - holler at your boys. As young men we signed a binding record deal and said label has the absolute rights to do what they will with it but we cannot speak to how it look or sounds. The picture we saw online looks dope though! In ten days time we will be sharing something amazing with you! In the meantime, we love you and your support is everything to us. Talk Soon - Thursday".

5 hours ago, Snaro said:

I'd rather buy directly from the band myself, but this reissue was a complete surprise, without any info, anouncement or whatsoever. 

"We had a number of people (last night) asking about the WATT re-issue that appeared on Friday! We had no idea it was being reissued and have not seen the artwork nor heard the remaster. It caught us by complete surprise. Yo Universal - holler at your boys. As young men we signed a binding record deal and said label has the absolute rights to do what they will with it but we cannot speak to how it look or sounds. The picture we saw online looks dope though! In ten days time we will be sharing something amazing with you! In the meantime, we love you and your support is everything to us. Talk Soon - Thursday".

Eh. Since they don't seem to own the rights to press this on vinyl and it's the last Thursday album I cared at all about I can't get too hyped for "something amazing."

6 hours ago, Snaro said:

Probably another $50usd live album

3 hours ago, hyperg1ant said:

Yes, but a repress maybe!

"A City by the Light Divided" live would be cool too, but I don't think they did that record live. Dave Fridmann absolutely butchered that studio album. 

I agree, the studio album of A city by the light divided is absolutely terrible, worst sounding ever. And i hate the "we wanted it to sound like this" message people always say when criticism of it comes up. If thats the intentional sound I dont understand it.

1 hour ago, MayCauseDeath said:

I agree, the studio album of A city by the light divided is absolutely terrible, worst sounding ever. And i hate the "we wanted it to sound like this" message people always say when criticism of it comes up. If thats the intentional sound I dont understand it.

Agree 100% the mix is what made me not care about that album. 

So how long are they touring on their 2 good albums? 4-5 years now? (I saw fc and watt back to back in london in '19, when it was said they'd stop doing it after those shows)

I mean ok it's still better than writing 2 more medicore albums but this is now getting out of hand...

Edited by xfactor675

I missed WATT a few years back but made it to the night they did full collapse. Was happy to see them but after they finished full collapse they did a two song encore and that was that. Felt cheated I paid 40+ bucks for a 12 song setlist. 

I might go to this though, despite hating The Nile Theater.