The Walking Dead

mcm1610

Pretty good episode. I liked the cameos from the past characters.

Why do they hate black men??

Ha! I said the exact same thing.

I joked with my wife that since they added Noah, they had to take someone away. The ending didn't get to me because I didn't really like Tyrese that much anyway. Cutting his arm off was pretty badass though.

Well damn, I didn't expect that.

I thought Tyreese would've slowly become the badass he is in the comics but I did like the TV show version quite a bit (mainly because Chad Coleman is fantastic). I wasn't as upset with his death as I was with Beth's though, probably because of the dead characters consoling him (well, his friends; certainly not the Governor lol). It was great to see them back.

According to producer Greg Nicotero on Talking Dead, the show's gonna get even darker. Yaaaaay.

I hate how much of a pussy they made Tyresse into. Liked him SOO much better in the comics. Honestly, I think I like all the characters better in the comics compared to the tv show.

This, did anyone else just feel like Tyreese did pretty much nothing on the show? Besides hammer time once, and even then it was during a pity fest.

Fuckin' fever dream nonsense.

it's not slow, it's arty. I think the director went to film school...

Also, where the shit is Carl? Anyone remember seeing him in the past two episodes?

Maybe he finally learned to stay in the house?

If they are diverging from the comic so much i wholeheartedly endorse Carl getting devoured. They could make the last several episodes his zombie fever dream and bring back Tyreese and Beth. i hate his stupid hat.

There seems to some sort of black male maximum / thunderdome thing going on. As soon as a new one joins another gets the ax.

idk, I say it every season but Im really starting to lose interest in this show. Tonight's episode really wasnt too great and I feel like the series is starting to just be dull with no where to go. Granted I've never read the comic book.

The show is a shadow of the comics. And that shadow gets thinner each season.

I was frowning for 90% of this episode cause it felt like a waste of time.  I was confused as to where they were going, why they were all arguing about where they wanted to go and what they wanted to do, the flashback stuff was clearly filler...

I am more curious about the bodies that were chopped in half, with the upper torsos in that truck they ran into near the end.

Great episode, again, pulling at heartstrings.  For those that prefer the comics- read the comic book; that's how adaptations work.  Nothing is going to be exactly like the book.  I stopped reading the book because I enjoyed the show so much that I just didn't want to know what was going to happen ahead of time.  For anyone thinking that the show is moving slow, it really isn't.  The pace reflects what it would potentially be like if there ever really was a dystopian America.  Consider it similar to 70s-80s horror flicks, there's always a slow burn, but once it reaches the highest temp, it's worth the wait. 

I was frowning for 90% of this episode cause it felt like a waste of time.  I was confused as to where they were going, why they were all arguing about where they wanted to go and what they wanted to do, the flashback stuff was clearly filler...

I am more curious about the bodies that were chopped in half, with the upper torsos in that truck they ran into near the end.

This episode was directed by Nicotero, who is the special effects guy, so it shouldn't be too surprising that he tried to be a little too artsy and symbolic rather than let the script writing do the work.