Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Didn't bother with RSD last year, and I probably won't this year either.  I know I shouldn't care, but god, all the kids who own 30 pop punk records that are there for Deja are going to be fucking annoying.  

It stopped being fun for me a few years ago and I haven't gone since.  I've had mostly good luck getting what I've wanted online after the fact.

Did i miss Chris' video?

I'll post it very late Sunday night or Monday morning. I'll need the weekend to work on it. I did two short videos on Periscope earlier, but only people who were already following @bullmoosevinyl on the Periscope app could see them. 

Lol, well someone at Stevehoffman emailed RSD and got this back. 

Yes, we are aware of this jerk and have turned her into the artists and labels who made these RSD records. The artists and labels are now trying to get ebay to take down this listing. Ebay is a secretive organization, that will not allow RSD to speak to a human being or to get help. It sucks but this is the world we live in. If you feel compelled, please let others know that RSD does everything in its power to stop greedy people like this.

Best,

Michael Kurtz

Co-founder, Record Store Day

Chevalier de Ordre des Arts Et Des Lettres, France

I'm glad Michael posted this. Does anybody know anybody high up at eBay that could help us with this? 

What a piece of shit. Set up some fake ebay accounts then bid every listing through the roof so no one will buy any of them.

Also, I believe that you can see contact info if you bid. If anybody does this, then you might want to send the seller's contact info to the contact info on the RSD website. Then the stores where this person must be thinking she/he can get the records can be warned. This happened a bit last year and I had the fun of speaking with a teenager who planned to buy from Bull Moose for resale. He was pretty freaked out when he realized he wasn't anonymous. 

I only clicked on a few of "Alicia"'s items that are listed. All of them say they would be shipped from San Franscisco

So, there isn't anyone involved with RSD that would be willing to drop $100 right now? I would think that would squash this problem immediately

If you had that person's e-mail address, it would probably only be a matter of minutes before someone knew exactly who this person is.

What a piece of shit. Set up some fake ebay accounts then bid every listing through the roof so no one will buy any of them.

I tried. I really did. But a combination of eBay's fuckery and the fact that 'Alicia' disabled combined shipping meant that I couldn't 'commit to buy' and they wouldn't disappear unless I put a credit card in.

ss1.png

ss2.png

ss3.png

Anyone have a link to additional info on the DFA1979 release?  Is it for sure Canada only?  Trying to figure out how to secure a copy.

April 18 street date. LIMITED EDITION – EXCLUSIVE FOR RECORD STORE DAY in CANADA ONLY - 500 copies pressed - First ever DFA1979 picture disc - Featuring the smash hit single ‘Trainwreck 1979’ - Limited edition 10” Vinyl.

April 18 street date. LIMITED EDITION – EXCLUSIVE FOR RECORD STORE DAY in CANADA ONLY - 500 copies pressed - First ever DFA1979 picture disc - Featuring the smash hit single ‘Trainwreck 1979’ - Limited edition 10” Vinyl.

Where is this info from?  Looking for the official info.  Also looking for an image if possible.

I tried. I really did. But a combination of eBay's fuckery and the fact that 'Alicia' disabled combined shipping meant that I couldn't 'commit to buy' and they wouldn't disappear unless I put a credit card in.

ss1.png

ss2.png

ss3.png

Ferguson,

PLEASE do not buy these records at this inflated price! Most, if not all, will be available on or after April 18 in local brick-and-mortar stores. By purchasing vinyl from sellers like this you are only encouraging the practice of RSD pre-sales at inflated prices. I know it can be difficult to resist when you see an item you really want and you think it might be the only one in existence, but I assure you more copies will be available. Please have patience and do not add fuel to the fires of those who aim to destroy the sanctity of the holiday known as Record Store Day!

Ferguson,

PLEASE do not buy these records at this inflated price! Most, if not all, will be available on or after April 18 in local brick-and-mortar stores. By purchasing vinyl from sellers like this you are only encouraging the practice of RSD pre-sales at inflated prices. I know it can be difficult to resist when you see an item you really want and you think it might be the only one in existence, but I assure you more copies will be available. Please have patience and do not add fuel to the fires of those who aim to destroy the sanctity of the holiday known as Record Store Day!

Someone hasn't read the previous page of this thread..............

Ferguson,

tumblr_nlf7uoBZKD1rungpko1_250.gif

The point of flipping records IS to make as much profit as possible.  That's what you guys don't understand.  No one flips a record and tries to make LESS of a profit.  It's economics.  It's how business works.  The market.  Koch Brothers.  Benghazi.  America Works.  Claire is leaving, OMG.  Interpunk's vault is the market at work.  Men at Work.  It's punk to flip.