Jump to content

Oddest places you've seen records for sale.


Recommended Posts

Forgive me if there's already a post like this, but I didn't see one.

I'm curious though, what are some of the strangest places you've seen vinyl records being sold at? I've seen people online saying they've bought a couple records from Aldi; seems weird to me. A few years back, I saw a couple copies of "Back In Black" by AC/DC being sold at a Tractor Supply in my area. If you're unfamiliar with it, Tractor Supply is basically Walmart's Garden Center but for farmland. Never would've thought I'd see records being sold next to a bag of horse feed.

Edited by MyckelJay
fixed a typo 4 years later
Link to comment
Share on other sites

a couple years ago Spencers Gifts sold records too but they were not exclusive colors like with hot topic.  so they said no one knew they were there or bought them and they were super cheap on clearance plus bogo$1 and i got a couple records for under 10 bucks as gifts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Yuuuuup. 

 

I saw some at Best Buy and thought it was weird. Not really that they had records, but that they were next to the stereo equipment and nowhere near the CDs. 

 

Yep.  There's some records at my Best Buy but if you have no idea where to look, you would never know they're there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, dantheriver said:

a couple years ago Spencers Gifts sold records too but they were not exclusive colors like with hot topic.  so they said no one knew they were there or bought them and they were super cheap on clearance plus bogo$1 and i got a couple records for under 10 bucks as gifts.

dude you copy and pasted my exact line from the HT thread. wtf broh!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2017 at 0:19 PM, andysrobbins said:

Urban Outfitters, because that store is for millennial trash. They should just stick to cheaply made clothing and awful re-purposed furniture.

Seems to me UO is the perfect place to sell records in today's market.

Who exactly do you think is responsible for the vinyl resurgence and aren't you a millennial?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 74R said:

Seems to me UO is the perfect place to sell records in today's market.

Who exactly do you think is responsible for the vinyl resurgence and aren't you a millennial?

 

 

Uh oh, dude thinks urban outfitters is responsible for vinyl's (Independence Day 2). I can't bring myself to continue to the next page to see how that unfolds...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, rransomm said:

Uh oh, dude thinks urban outfitters is responsible for vinyl's (Independence Day 2). I can't bring myself to continue to the next page to see how that unfolds...

The implication was that millennials were responsible for vinyl's resurgence not Urban Outfitters.

Regardless, UO has probably been selling records longer than 50% of the people on this board have been collecting them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×

oh my wow GIF by ESPN Deportes

 

Please disable AdBlock OR sign-in in order to be able to access our website...

I Understand, I'll disable it for this website