width of records

Hahahahahahhahahahaha. I can't get my head round the vitriol of people like you.

I know I can find the dimensions of a record - I wanted an idea of how much space they take up when they are on a shelf, in their sleeves, which isn't actually something that's easily findable online. I suppose I'd need to know the width of the individual record + the width of the card sleeve ( x2) + the width of the paper insert ( x2) + the average distance that is between records once they've been around a while and so aren't in perfect nick.

Regardless of all the pointless and pathetic unpleasantness, I still got an answer I couldn't realistically have found elsewhere,thanks to a couple of folks on here.

As fun as this has been, I'll be off now I have the simple answer I came for. 

Go to a thrift shop and buy a single lp, w inners.  If they have a gatefold, buy it as well.  Get to measuring.

tumblr_m9f82jLoeJ1rezmvho1_500.gif

Ta Ta

Eugh, you guys are actually gross. I wonder if you're as unpleasant in real life. Anyway, I'll merrily be on my way, and you, bless your souls, can fuck right off! 

Cheerio darlings!

I didn't even measure when I told him 14" I just looked at my expedit across the room and thought "14" sounds about right".

His client is going to be pissed!